Sue! What a treat to click in here tonight and see this posted. A new Sue!fic. I was just thinking about you the other day and wondering if a poking email would be well received, and you anticipated me with a new story! Yay!

"I was almost suffocated in a freezer! Is it asking so much for my best friend to gloat with me when my frenemy's vanity project blows up in her face?"
I love the set-up of this date. Nothing like watching Superman on the big screen unknowingly sitting beside the read deal. And I love that you used the term "frenemy"

Tonight her hair was styled as a riot of curls that perfectly illustrated the sexy, uncontrolled vibe that Lois projected.
What a great description.

"It won't matter," Clark assured her. "Every man there is going to be looking at you."

For a fleeting moment her cheeks flushed. Then Lois rolled her eyes at him. "Nice try, Kent. Let's go."
Awh, shucks. blush

Maybe it had the same effect on her because she blinked and her mouth went slack. Her hand rose to touch his face, her eyes leaving his to track the movement of her fingers across his cheek.
Maybe, or perhaps she just discovered your deepest, darkest secret. Hee! Busted, Superman.

She gave him a smile that was dazzling in its sincerity. "I'm not asking you to tell me the whole truth."
I love that she gets him to confess his love.

Lois shivered, her body brushing lightly against his. "Thank you," she whispered and went on tiptoe to leave a light kiss on his jaw. Clark closed his eyes to memorize the sensation. "You know, if this were a movie, we'd make love tonight. One perfect, never-to-be-repeated night."
But since it's not a movie, you can make love tonight and have it be oft-repeated!

"Lois, I--" he murmured but got no further when her finger touched his lips to silence him.

"Shh." Her fingers moved, caressing softly over his cheek. "I told you that lipstick was never going to come off."
Great last line; love the ending!

So nice to see something new from you, Sue.