Oh, look see! There’s already a bunch of FDK in here. Should I even try to leave something… clap

"I thought I was there so you could gloat."
Your point being?

"You can't multi-task?" Her smile returned and she gave his shoulder a playful punch.
clap /hopes Clark does not repeat jokes he heard while at the Metropolis Men's Club.

"Just a second," Lois shouted from inside, her words punctuated by short little clip-clops as she ran closer to the door in high heels.
So, just like Lucky Leon?

In an instant, all the air seemed to leave his lungs.
And she just made her hair.

The iridescent beading across the bodice seemed a valid excuse for his attention to linger a little longer there.
Down Clark! This is evening wear!

Tonight her hair was styled as a riot of curls that perfectly illustrated the sexy, uncontrolled vibe that Lois projected.
clap

"It won't matter," Clark assured her. "Every man there is going to be looking at you."
[…]
As it turned out, Linda was wearing a bright red dress with a neckline that plunged so deeply as to almost reveal her bellybutton.
rotflol

"Would you look at that?" Lois muttered. "She never disappoints."
What? She still needs somebody to pick up her hotel bill later that night.

"Linda!" Lois chirped brightly. "That dress suits you. I haven't seen anything like it since I did that story on drag queens."
And here I expected her mention the date-experience callgirl ring.

Linda's answering smile was just as fake. "Oh hello, Lois. I didn't see you at first. That color always washes you out, don't you think?"
“Maybe. But Clark doesn’t”

"It's your night to shine -- or whatever
‘flash’?

Lois glared at him as Linda walked away. "You should wipe that lipstick off your face before it leaves a scorch mark."
Huh. Kryptonite?

"It's not like I asked her to kiss me," he said defensively.
His point being?

"That is never coming off, Clark. I hope you're happy."
Oh boy. Hope he remembers when he has to fly off as Superman. There’ve been too many embarrassing incidents of late.

The movie was terrible.
OOooh! So, you skipped the movie. Good. That means I still have time? If I can track down Muse and explain to her that gallivanting around with all things binary is not the proper form…

Lois was out of her seat and headed for the exit before the lights came up. She moved past Linda, who was sitting with a frozen smile on her face, without saying a word.
Huh.

Clark was utterly baffled by Lois' behavior.
/raises hand, too/

. Her moment of triumph had arrived and she seemed determined to miss it. Instead of gloating at the after-party, she was headed for home.
Did Lois actually turn up in the movie?

He brought up the fact that they had only been mentioned in passing.
Is she angry she *didn’t* turn up?

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.