Even if she has every reason to think Clark was talking about his potential girlfriend. Still!!

No, she didn’t want to spend the rest of the evening listening to Clark gushing about this woman who had stolen his heart - this perfect icon of womanhood who, Lois was already sure, was nothing like as perfect as Clark seemed to be picturing her. He’d probably put her on a pedestal, refusing to notice her faults. No doubt he thought she had none. Which was absolute nonsense - no-one had no faults at all!
Fascinating how their situations are reversed here. Those thoughts could have been Lois's about Superman!

Not even Superman, she acknowledged. Not that she’d seen much in the way of faults from him, but... well, he must have them.
Aha!! You're coming around, Lois!

But she’d lost. In just a few sentences, he’d proved to her that he was so deeply in love with this other woman that it would take a miracle for him to change his mind.
And isn't it just in character for Clark, Lois? When he gives his heart, he gives it totally and unconditionally. Which makes it even more painful to accept that he didn't give it to you. If you only knew... wink

It makes so much sense that she's falling for him now, or rather, admitting her strong feelings for him, because he becomes unattainable, just like Superman was to her. And if he's unattainable, he's safe. It might hurt to love him without being loved in return, but it probably hurts even more to be in a relationship with him and risk him hurting her a lot more through that relationship. It's a great way for her to come to terms with her real feelings for him, and once she realises that Clark loves *her* and her alone, then she won't be able to run backwards. smile

She planned to make a return visit, clearly.
A return visit with him, right? Not with Lex! razz

No; he could wait until he got her home. And, with luck, if things went well he might not have to say anything at all. A kiss would say everything.
YYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! rotflol Can't wait to see that!

More!

Kaethel smile

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~