OK, first of all ... there's a third story in the series already planned? Woo hoo! thumbsup

And third, this was a great chapter with an even better ending. Lots of a-plot goodness, as my good buddy BJ so aptly put it, and a dynamite, unexpected ending with the confrontation with Mayson. Of course Clark had to go, despite the danger to his secret, and I love that Lois got to tell Mayson off so completely. Well done.

I agree that Mayson has crossed a line here, but I'm still not convinced she's not bluffing. Even if her hatred of Superman outweighs her desire to save the Mayor and his daughter, can you imagine the backlash she'd get if she ever did reveal his secret, especially after this confrontation? "Breaking news ... Mayson Drake, the attorney who exposed Superman's identity to the world, apparently tried to blackmail him out of saving the Mayor's 10 year old daughter when she was taken hostage last month. According to Lois Lane and Clark Kent, Drake threatened to expose his secret if he brought Superman out of retirement to save the child. All attempts to contact Drake have been unsuccessful. After being fired from the District Attorney's office for extortion, she has gone into hiding after numerous threats to her life." wink

Hmm, on second thought, maybe the car bomb would be a kinder ending for her. lol

Kathy