A taste of Chapter 10, Part 2...

Clark stared at him. “Excuse me?” This was about his drug test? He thought he had passed that with flying colors. Dr. Klein had almost promised him…

Perry lifted off his desk a sheet of golden paper. “Your testosterone levels are off the chart, Clark.”

“Oh.” Clark looked down. Closed his eyes and thought, Lois, I need you. Help me, please!

Clark heard his wife gasp, then a crash. Glancing out to her desk, he saw a pile of papers floating through the air and Lois sitting on the floor, staring at him. Had she heard him? They hadn’t tried using the telepathic connection since she first returned. Clark looked at her pleading with his eyes.

“What in Sam Hill?” Perry opened the door to his office. “Lois, honey, you all right?”

“I’m fine; I just slipped.”

“OK, then.” Perry shut the door with a shake of his head.

“Maybe I should go out and…” Clark stood up.

Perry pointed to the chair. Clark sat back down. He didn’t know the drug testing would check testosterone levels or he would have had an excuse ready. He wasn’t any good at thinking up excuses on the spot. That was Lois’s specialty.

“You’re a good looking kid. Your wife loves you. Why would you need steroids?”

Oh, that was what he thought.

“I’m not on steroids, Chief.”

“What other explanation do you have?” Perry looked at him, but he didn’t have an answer. “You don’t know the kind of trouble…”

The office door opened and Lois came in. “Here’s my copy on the extra husband story.”

“Lois, we’re in the middle…”

“The Chief thinks I’m using steroids, Lois.” Clark looked at her, pleading.

A smile exploded onto her face as she giggled and looked away, while shutting the office door. So, she thought it was funny the idea that their boss thought he was on steroids. Great. Thanks, Lois.
Please post comments here. Thank you.

Missing Lois - TOC

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.