A taste of Chapter 9, Part 4...

Superman landed quietly in the middle of the deserted newsroom. Had it really only been one day since Lois pinned him to the desk? He knocked on Perry’s office door. “You wanted to see me?”

Perry waved him in and offered him a seat. Superman preferred to stand, arms crossed.

“Thank you for coming.” Perry looked uncomfortable. Superman hoped knowing about the kiss wasn’t going to change their relationship. The editor cleared his throat. “What did Clark say to you?”

“He left me a message that you wanted to see me.” The more vague he could be, the more he might learn from Perry. Lois was pleading innocence yet again.

“OK. You know that Lois means the world to me.”

Superman nodded curtly. He wasn’t going to bring up the kiss, was he?

“She told me what happened, in confidence.”

He glanced down a moment. Then he looked Perry in the eye. “I don’t know what came over her. I know she loves Clark.”

Perry raised a skeptical eyebrow. “That’s not quite true, is it?”

Superman returned a stern, silent, and raised eyebrow back.

“I mean, of course Lois loves Clark. That’s not to what I was referring. I meant she told me about the other incident… I just didn’t know it was you until today.”

Other incident? What other incident? Superman stayed quiet. Sometimes, it was good to be known as the strong, silent type.

Perry swallowed. “At her townhouse. With the Elvis music and the ‘Revenge’ sample.”

Superman shifted from foot to foot, but didn’t respond. How could he? He had no idea to what event Perry referred.
Thank you for reading. Please post feedback here.

Missing Lois - TOC

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.