Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
A taste of Chapter 9, Part 4...

Superman landed quietly in the middle of the deserted newsroom. Had it really only been one day since Lois pinned him to the desk? He knocked on Perry’s office door. “You wanted to see me?”

Perry waved him in and offered him a seat. Superman preferred to stand, arms crossed.

“Thank you for coming.” Perry looked uncomfortable. Superman hoped knowing about the kiss wasn’t going to change their relationship. The editor cleared his throat. “What did Clark say to you?”

“He left me a message that you wanted to see me.” The more vague he could be, the more he might learn from Perry. Lois was pleading innocence yet again.

“OK. You know that Lois means the world to me.”

Superman nodded curtly. He wasn’t going to bring up the kiss, was he?

“She told me what happened, in confidence.”

He glanced down a moment. Then he looked Perry in the eye. “I don’t know what came over her. I know she loves Clark.”

Perry raised a skeptical eyebrow. “That’s not quite true, is it?”

Superman returned a stern, silent, and raised eyebrow back.

“I mean, of course Lois loves Clark. That’s not to what I was referring. I meant she told me about the other incident… I just didn’t know it was you until today.”

Other incident? What other incident? Superman stayed quiet. Sometimes, it was good to be known as the strong, silent type.

Perry swallowed. “At her townhouse. With the Elvis music and the ‘Revenge’ sample.”

Superman shifted from foot to foot, but didn’t respond. How could he? He had no idea to what event Perry referred.
Thank you for reading. Please post feedback here.

Missing Lois - TOC

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Oh boy! Things are really starting to heat up. Clark is finding out more and more about Lois. Can't wait for the next update!

I'm also wondering what Bruce Wayne is up to.

Joan

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Joan: Yes, the control Lois so despertly sought upon returning to her home dimension is slipping through her fingers. Hmmm. Bruce Wayne. cool

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
/uses giant pliers and lots of tape to on clock hands in order to shove one more in/

She took a deep breath. “Don’t worry about Jimmy. He’s forgiven me.”
Oh boy.

Clark looked sympathetically at her. “I’m sorry I left.”
Well, he *had* to. Otherwise, Jimmy might have had confronted Superman and that could have been awkward.

“Roses? Clark, you are the sweetest. I love you.”
Uuuuuu…Clark is now sending red roses. The yellow ones stand for friendship and were only sent before dating started.

Lois took the card from the bouquet; her teeth gnashed together as she read it and then tore it to pieces.
laugh

Lois grimaced, pulling it off and dropping it on the ground. As she smashed it with the heel of her shoe, a high pitch electronic whine escaped from the flower, causing Clark to grab his ears and cringe, and then the sound disappeared into nothingness.
Oh dear. So, Bruce now knows that Lois stepped out a bit.

Really? A bat? Can you announce your secret identity any louder there, Mr. Wayne?
In all fairness, he either wants to play with Superman on an open playing field or he just had no other ones in the office and figured, they won’t notice.

She held out the boutonniere. “Shall we do some target practice?” she asked under her breath.
goofy

Jimmy walked up. “Lois, the photos are drying. There’s a great shot of Bruce Wayne trying to nail you to the pinball machine.”
/chokes/

“What?” Clark was on his feet, his teeth grinding together. “He did what?”
Actually, Jimmy misspoke. He meant ‘against’, not ‘to’.

Lois told him about the pinball game and how Bruce had insisted on showing her how to play.
“First you gently pull on the lever, and then you start to manipulate the ball. Extra points if you make it bounce a bit.”

“Gross. But the heel of my shoe and my elbow told him I wasn’t interested.”
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael: wave Thanks for breaking your clock for me. laugh

Well, he *had* to. Otherwise, Jimmy might have had confronted Superman and that could have been awkward.
Clark left the office, Superman didn't show up!

So, Bruce now knows that Lois stepped out a bit.
I hear Bruce likes to know everything about everyone. For their safety, of course. wink

In all fairness, he either wants to play with Superman on an open playing field or he just had no other ones in the office and figured, they won’t notice.
Or he didn't realize that Superman was as close as her husband when he handed her the flower and that he would find the bug in her flower.

She held out the boutonniere. “Shall we do some target practice?” she asked under her breath.

huh
Heat vision target practice on the boutonniere.

Okay, this is either really sloppy or he *really* wants to play.
If the flower shop hadn't messed up, she wouldn't have been suspicous. I once had flowers delivered to me a week early, because the flower shop messed up. I'm thinking BW won't be using Metro Flowers again in the future, though.

Maybe he likes Japanese school girls?
Why not? Lex did.

/shakes head/ Clark. Clark. Clark. Have you learned *nothing* yet?
Nope.

Actually, Jimmy misspoke. He meant ‘against’, not ‘to’.
And the difference to Clark would be?

“First you gently pull on the lever, and then you start to manipulate the ball. Extra points if you make it bounce a bit.”
I hear BW is a pinball champ! wink

Lois was right.
Rule # 9.

Oh boy. Subtle, Virginia. Very subtle
I've been told I'm sometimes too subtle. So I have throw in an easy one once in a while for my subtlity-impared readers. laugh

Could also be the gem Bruce got from Lex’s personal jeweler.
Luthor Estate sale.

Hence the ring.
Two points for you, Michael.

Which makes me wonder just how unprofessionally smeared it is.
I'm thinking it's not fit to print. laugh

Yes, he forgives her easily for kissing him.
Remember that one, Michael.

“I’m putting you and Lois on the bullet train story. You and she will take the initial run to Memphis, spend a few nights at the Hotel Teddy Bear…”

Subtle.
Well, there is an Elvis song called "Teddy Bear" and it sounded more of a place that Perry would stay in (probably chosen by Alice) than the "Heartbreak Hotel". laugh

You know, Perry’s awfully demanding there. Actually stepping way out of line.
He's sitting on a 'Superman made out with a married woman' story for them so they can work on their marriage and you think he's stepping over the line?

Tough. It just got sold to Lex.
Lex? confused Isn't he dead?

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
For their safety, of course.
He's like Lex. Except that Lex was kind enough to also make sure Lois wouldn't slip in the shower and nobody would find her for days. So, he put in security video, too.

Or he didn't realize that Superman was as close as her husband when he handed her the flower and that he would find the bug in her flower.
Hmm...Nah...

Heat vision target practice on the boutonniere.
Oh. Okay. Just figured, it's just a small flower, nothing more than a little poof, so not that satisfying, like, for instance, making the Batmobile go poof, again.

Why not? Lex did.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oh. Okay. Just figured, it's just a small flower, nothing more than a little poof, so not that satisfying, like, for instance, making the Batmobile go poof, again.
Yes, but Lois doesn't know BW=BM

Well, one would be just Lois getting pinned, and the other would be Lois turning Batman into Superman.
Don't you mean: "one would be just Lois getting pinned, and the other would be Superman turning Batman into a harem guard"?

He's got no proof. Only hearsay. Can't print anything.
He still has them between a rock and hardplace.

Supposedly.
evil

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yes, but Lois doesn't know BW=BM
So, actually *it's* BMW laugh

Don't you mean: "one would be just Lois getting pinned, and the other would be Superman turning Batman into a harem guard"?
clap

Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
So, actually *it's* BMW laugh
What? You thought Bruce designed the Batmobile? Nah, he got an endorsement deal. peep

VirginiaR.
---

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard