A taste of Chapter 8, Part 10...

“Okay,” said Clark, turning to his wife. They were sitting in their living room on the couch. “That was the final one. What did you think of her?”

Lois stood up. “I hated her.”

“Lo-is.”

“Well, all right. I didn’t hate her. I hated the idea of her… of any of them. Clark, we cannot have a live-in nanny, end of story. We just can’t.”

“Your mother is leaving on her cruise in less than a week, Lois. We need someone to watch Lara.” Clark wrapped his arms around his wife.

“Not a live-in, Clark,” Lois whispered. “I can’t. I need you…” She swallowed. “And you need one place where you are free to be yourself. And that one place should be your home.”

“We all make sacrifices for our children, Lois.”

She turned around and kissed him. “I have… I will stay home with her before I let you give up the one place you can be you.”

Clark smiled. “I love you, too.”

“What we need is someone who can watch her during the day, but doesn’t need a room and won’t be around on the weekends. Yet, someone we can trust.”

“Agreed. Someone we can trust, who has her own place, no room and board, who doesn’t work at night or on weekends. Sounds like a cushy gig to me. Someone will jump at the chance to watch Lara.”

“Ha-ha, Clark.” Lois sneered at him.
For those Batmanphiles out there, please note, my interpretation of his character for this story is based on how I pictured Deborah Joy-LeVine (the creator of the Lois & Clark show) would have introduced his character to the Lois & Clark audience in hopes of creating a spin-off show. This is not Batman/Bruce Wayne's normal portrayal (and known history with Superman) based on the comics, movies, or previous TV shows. It's a combination of all of the above as filtered through my rosy-pink Hollywood L&C glasses. Although, his normal character traits are there (thank you Queen of Capes and IolantheAlias and all of you who supplied information via my Batman thread earlier this year... and yes, Marcus, that means you) I hope you find his character believable and honest (not like Superman truthful, but more like accurate honest). This was just the first taste of his character, which will grow over the course of the next two chapters. Please hold off all rotten tomato throwing until the end of the story, when you'll have a clearer idea of his character's arc. Thank you. laugh

Please post feedback here. Thank you.

Missing Lois - TOC

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.