Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
A taste of Chapter 8, Part 10...

“Okay,” said Clark, turning to his wife. They were sitting in their living room on the couch. “That was the final one. What did you think of her?”

Lois stood up. “I hated her.”

“Lo-is.”

“Well, all right. I didn’t hate her. I hated the idea of her… of any of them. Clark, we cannot have a live-in nanny, end of story. We just can’t.”

“Your mother is leaving on her cruise in less than a week, Lois. We need someone to watch Lara.” Clark wrapped his arms around his wife.

“Not a live-in, Clark,” Lois whispered. “I can’t. I need you…” She swallowed. “And you need one place where you are free to be yourself. And that one place should be your home.”

“We all make sacrifices for our children, Lois.”

She turned around and kissed him. “I have… I will stay home with her before I let you give up the one place you can be you.”

Clark smiled. “I love you, too.”

“What we need is someone who can watch her during the day, but doesn’t need a room and won’t be around on the weekends. Yet, someone we can trust.”

“Agreed. Someone we can trust, who has her own place, no room and board, who doesn’t work at night or on weekends. Sounds like a cushy gig to me. Someone will jump at the chance to watch Lara.”

“Ha-ha, Clark.” Lois sneered at him.
For those Batmanphiles out there, please note, my interpretation of his character for this story is based on how I pictured Deborah Joy-LeVine (the creator of the Lois & Clark show) would have introduced his character to the Lois & Clark audience in hopes of creating a spin-off show. This is not Batman/Bruce Wayne's normal portrayal (and known history with Superman) based on the comics, movies, or previous TV shows. It's a combination of all of the above as filtered through my rosy-pink Hollywood L&C glasses. Although, his normal character traits are there (thank you Queen of Capes and IolantheAlias and all of you who supplied information via my Batman thread earlier this year... and yes, Marcus, that means you) I hope you find his character believable and honest (not like Superman truthful, but more like accurate honest). This was just the first taste of his character, which will grow over the course of the next two chapters. Please hold off all rotten tomato throwing until the end of the story, when you'll have a clearer idea of his character's arc. Thank you. laugh

Please post feedback here. Thank you.

Missing Lois - TOC

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Top Banana
Top Banana
There is an adage - don't ask me from where - that says 'Only the powerful an afford to be merciful.'

I think this Batman exemplifies this - Superman can afford to be hold his punches because underneath he knows (even when powerless) he has the greater 'power' (either ethical or physical) although he might argue the point. Batman doesn't have that 'luxury'. He knows that all that stands between him and the bad guys is himself and he knows that rats have nasty bites.

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
I must admit that Adam West is my favorite Batman. But I like what you've got going here. It's nice to see the contrast between the two men.

“Gotham City is no Metropolis. My city isn’t as nice and clean as yours. The crimes are darker, the villains meaner and they need someone…” He looked Superman up and down. “… who understands the darker side of life better to find and capture them.”
Loved the line about Batman not wanting to be considered a side kick.

Lois confesses to Perry?? What is she thinking? confused It doesn't seem like she can go on like this much longer without spilling the beans.

Joan

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Dandello: Are you saying that Superman is merciful because he knows he is all powerful, while Batman is not because he's human? Interesting.

Joan: Yep, lots of contrast between Superman and Batman.

Lois confesses to Perry?? What is she thinking? It doesn't seem like she can go on like this much longer without spilling the beans.
Yep, she's losing it. She should have known better than to think Perry would turn off his Elvis music just because she asked him to.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
One more!
Being back at work felt like eating a pastrami on rye after months of morning sickness. So good.
goofy

“Correspondence course.
clap

Lois rolled her eyes. Uncle Bobby Bigmouth? She didn’t think so.
Well, if he starts eating there regularly he might become family.

Clark, you’re going to have your hands full when she goes to high school.”
clap

“No, both of you. She’s got your eyes, Clark, but Lois’s smile. Do you know that there’s not word one on the streets where she came from? It’s like she appeared out of thin air.” Bobby shook his head.
clap

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Musky with a hint of smoke. It must have been that fire he put out on the way to work this morning.
drool

Suddenly, her ears picked up another sound, the TV. Thank God, an emergency. “Go. Clark. Now.” Lois pointed up at the TV.
wave Michael

PS: Work starts again tomorrow, so, I'll get two parts read per day, at the most. Less if intermittent story parts pop up.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael: evil

Woah there. Actually, this way, it could be Alexander Luthor Sr., Alexander Luthor Jr., and Alexandra Luthor

And…Well, you could have mentioned that you don’t like me hacking into your system.
If I had stated that, then that would have constituted a spoiler. laugh Anyway, I believe I've written you before about hacking into my hard-drive. wink

So…Umm…Mindy Church, then? Never figured Jr. to be younger than Lois.
Possibly or not. cool

And Antoinette. Toni. Miranda. Linda. Hmm…Whom am I missing…
Yes, them too. But Clark was never attracted to Miranda... her to him...

Yeah. Three-alarm fire and rabid wife do look a lot alike.
Depends on where the fire is. mecry As I stated before, my inbox and I will miss you! (PS: this is where my story starts getting good!) peep

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
They really don't need you at work, do they, Michael?
Umm...actually...Yeah...it's a bit like they don't really need Lois at the DP.

My inbox and I will miss you!
blush I'm just blush blush Umm...writing a bit of feedback blush blush blush goofy

Possibly or not.
wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Umm...actually...Yeah...it's a bit like they don't really need Lois at the DP.
Yeah, I figured. Just teasing.

Uuu...As in "Liar, liar,..."? (you know how it goes, right?)
That's the one. I think I covered that one in NH.

Wall, windows, lamp posts, ...
Oh. I thought you meant human.

Metropolis Star, Dirt Digger, National Whisper. Same thing, right?
Pretty much.

Ask Robin?
He's not quite old enough yet.

There was one scene where they lead Lois or Clark into their warehouse. There's a partial shot of the Batmobile, either the Keaton or the West version. Combined with the mention of Gotham in 3x01, it's quite a good indication that there's a Batman out there.
Ooooh. I missed that. I'll have to look at it the next time I was DTOSC.

AAAAAARRRRGGGHHH!
evil

VirginiaR.
---

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard