A taste of Chapter 8, Part 7...

Lois closed her eyes and savored the moment. “Oh, Clark. No one kisses like you do.” Then she bit her bottom lip and grinned. “Well…there is someone else who can sweep me off my feet with his kisses… Literally.”

“Lo-is,” Clark warned.

She sighed, leaning close to him. “I hate tabloids.”

Clark kissed her again. “Is that so?”

“Can I help it if I can’t resist a man in blue?” Lois winked at him, taking a sip of her smoothie.

“Lois! Clark! Just the intrepid reporters I was looking for.”

Lois froze. She knew that voice. She glanced over her shoulder. Inspector Henderson. Oooh. Her eyes closed into slits. She was still pissed at him for snapping at her about touching ‘evidence’ at Clark’s apartment after Mayson’s car exploded. She took a deep breath. Other dimension, Lois.

“Look, honey, a man in blue.” Clark chuckled. “Hello, Inspector. What can we do for you?” He held out his hand. Henderson shook it.

“Perry said you found something. Oh, hello, there.” Henderson noticed Lara.

Thank you, Perry White. Lois swore at him under her breath. She would bet there was going to be an article in the paper this afternoon, too.

“I know it’s been a while since we’ve seen each other. Is this why you rushed to get married last fall?” Henderson continued with a chuckle. “So, what did you guys find? A diamond? A gas leak? No, you would have reported that. An EPA disaster? Jimmy Hoffa? Superman’s spaceship? The Fountain of Youth?”

Lois was sensing a pattern. Did she and Clark have a reputation for strange stories?
I promised my family a RL weekend, so my posting of Chapter 8, part 7 will arrive later than usual. Still on Sunday, but much later in the day. My apologies.

Please post feedback here. Thank you.

Missing Lois - TOC

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.