Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
A taste of Chapter 8, Part 7...

Lois closed her eyes and savored the moment. “Oh, Clark. No one kisses like you do.” Then she bit her bottom lip and grinned. “Well…there is someone else who can sweep me off my feet with his kisses… Literally.”

“Lo-is,” Clark warned.

She sighed, leaning close to him. “I hate tabloids.”

Clark kissed her again. “Is that so?”

“Can I help it if I can’t resist a man in blue?” Lois winked at him, taking a sip of her smoothie.

“Lois! Clark! Just the intrepid reporters I was looking for.”

Lois froze. She knew that voice. She glanced over her shoulder. Inspector Henderson. Oooh. Her eyes closed into slits. She was still pissed at him for snapping at her about touching ‘evidence’ at Clark’s apartment after Mayson’s car exploded. She took a deep breath. Other dimension, Lois.

“Look, honey, a man in blue.” Clark chuckled. “Hello, Inspector. What can we do for you?” He held out his hand. Henderson shook it.

“Perry said you found something. Oh, hello, there.” Henderson noticed Lara.

Thank you, Perry White. Lois swore at him under her breath. She would bet there was going to be an article in the paper this afternoon, too.

“I know it’s been a while since we’ve seen each other. Is this why you rushed to get married last fall?” Henderson continued with a chuckle. “So, what did you guys find? A diamond? A gas leak? No, you would have reported that. An EPA disaster? Jimmy Hoffa? Superman’s spaceship? The Fountain of Youth?”

Lois was sensing a pattern. Did she and Clark have a reputation for strange stories?
I promised my family a RL weekend, so my posting of Chapter 8, part 7 will arrive later than usual. Still on Sunday, but much later in the day. My apologies.

Please post feedback here. Thank you.

Missing Lois - TOC

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Glad to see how Jack fits into the picture. I can see Clark going out of his way to help him out. I always thought that Jack had figured out he was Superman. Wish the show had explored that more.

I like that everything isn't all better now that Lois is back. She's been through a lot and that's going to take time. Love the memories of the wrong Clark and alt-world. I hope she tells Clark she's he's missing Lois soon.

How sad about the girls in Smallville mecry
Unfortunately, I could see that happening.

Joan

A
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
A
I'm glad you're still posting this story - I've caught up on all of it with just a couple late nights and I can't wait to see where it goes from here!

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Joan: I, too, missed Jack after S1, so he seems to always worm his way into my stories. He's still a minor player though. Smallville girls - Yes, sad. Plus, I knew if Hollywood was in charge they'd want to set up the story for the long haul. There are so many possibilities for Peter Kent Ross. Will he turn out good? Or bad? Will he date Lara or will they just be good friends or will they despise each other? What would happen if a half-Kryptonian married and had children with another half-Kryptonian? Would some of their children be all human and some all Kryptonian? The possibilities are endless. But I digress... they are both still babies and will be when this story ends... Plus, I always wanted to set up a trustworthy OB/GYN with experience in Kryptonian pregnancies for the future, you know, just in case things worked out between Lois & Clark and Lara needed a sibling. wink

Angie Wow! Those must have been some busy nights! Thank you for reading. Glad you are enjoying my romp into the dark side... oh, right... Did I forget to mention, it's getting darker now? laugh

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
The phone rang and Clark reached over to pick it up. “Hello?”

“Yo, Supes!”
razz /wonders what they had said, had they found the girl’s dorm of Met-U. “Concubines-R-Us”? razz

“The divorcée went insane, claiming she was hearing voices and tried to kill herself by crashing her car into a tree…”
Baby talking to her?

“Her baby died, but she was able to walk away from the accident. She went home and shot herself in the head. Again, she survived, but was in a coma, essentially brain-dead, until they turned off the respirators at the end of last year.”
shock

“Let me guess. Super hearing?” suggested his wife.
Oh. Right.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
“Sounds like the girls’ bodies adapted to the half-Kryptonian fetus,” said his Mom. “Happens in nature sometimes. Increased hearing and flying to help protect the baby from danger. Strength and super healing to be able to carry the strong kicker.”

Lois leaned towards his Mom, taking her hand. “Martha?”

“What, dear?” She looked at Lois curiously.

His wife shook her head and let go of his Mom’s hand. “Never mind.”
*sigh*

felt he was getting a glimmer of her life with the other Clark. Not with the other Clark. He shook his head. Where had thought come from?
Well…

“At least the girls didn’t claim you as the father of their unborn babies,” said his Dad.
That could have been awkward. Especially with Ralph’s story from last year.

Her eyes flashed up to his. “She survived as well?” Lois squeezed him tighter. “No complications?
Huh.

“A boy?” clarified Martha with a glance at Clark’s father.

“Peter Kent Ross.”
Oh boy. Lara’s got a husband!

“Wow! Lara won’t be alone in this world,” Lois murmured.
/recommends reading Nan’s Dagger series. Especially Unforeseen Consequences.

“One infant at a time, Martha, please.”
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael: smile1

Yeah. Best if she doesn’t figure out he’s Superman that way.
Good thing she already figured it out several months ago in the other dimension and has had time to cool down. wink

Can’t be. Would need extra good hearing for that one.
Exactly. wink

/carefully goes and makes fat checkmark next to resolution not to drink and read.
THAT is what my WHAM warnings really are for.

Oh dear. And is ‘pop’ really the best way to talk about this? /imagines someone asking Lois if she’s ready to pop.
Jack.

So, the afterbirth was the last bit of Kryptonian DNA and got ejected?
Basically.

“I’m not liking Dr. Klein much at the moment,” Lois replied tersely.
confused
Because Dr. Klein told them that Kryptonian genes and Earthling genes wouldn't mix.

How about: “Clark, let’s say everybody gets to do something stupid once a year. Mine was sleeping with the other Clark. Yours was not telling me about Jack. Now, I’m still two ahead for the other two years you didn’t tell me, but I’ll be gracious.”
Gee, if I had thought of that I could have completed my story much quicker. Nah, I don't think Clark will think these two secrets equal, for some reason.

So, it’s not like she’ll remember it.
True. But she might Teep Daddy later and ask what they were doing. Not question he wants to answer at this point and time.

Lara’s three months older than feasible for the NK invasion.
Lara was conceived on the cusp of Clark leaving for NK, maybe Ching got frisky with some human woman, or maybe there were others that had come with Zara and Ching or an advance team of Nor's...

I’m a bit surprised that Smallville has specialized doctors. Figured just one general practitioner.
Lots of babies out in the country.

Uuuuu, Lois?
Never TOO LATE. laugh She's hoping for the same treatment. Do you think she'll get it? wink

Clark’s seen her naked by not. And in good light. He knows about the dream-Lois having a scar on the shoulder. He very likely inspects every bit of Lois’s body in said good light. And yet, he doesn’t notice the scar?
He only saw the scar the one time, didn't focus on it, doesn't know to look for it, not really thinking about it when she drops her clothes on the floor... a bit distracted.

/wonders what they had said, had they found the girl’s dorm of Met-U. “Concubines-R-Us”?
Well, they did spend some time in Metropolis... Let's hope they missed the dorms.

Oh boy. Lara’s got a husband!
After how well the Kryptonian infant marriage went with Zara, do you really think he'd bring that up with Lois?

Couldn’t the second child be officially the other one of the girl’s baby? After a couple of month to a year, three months wouldn’t make much of a difference anymore and as long as there’s a paper trail, nobody normal would care, right?
Yep, could have been. But I didn't think of it, so neither did they.

Then why did the first baby not survive?
Good question. cool

/settles in for the long haul/
hyper Michael just realized I don't write short stories! (well, often)

And he actually died that day? I never remember…
Electricuted with Clark's substitute wedding ring by the Weddng Destroyer. Lamont survived to tell the tale.

They have never heard of this crazy invention called communication, have they?
Nope.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
THAT is what my WHAM warnings really are for.
Yeah. Watering the computer would truly be a WHAM.

Because Dr. Klein told them that Kryptonian genes and Earthling genes wouldn't mix.
Oh. And funny aside: " 'Don't worry, Superman. You're not compatible with Earth women, so no need to be careful.' Yeah, right. Tell that to my morning sickness" razz

Nah, I don't think Clark will think these two secrets equal, for some reason.
Well, so long as Lois doesn't agree with Clark that his one's the bigger no-no, we should still be golden, no?

True. But she might Teep Daddy later and ask what they were doing. Not question he wants to answer at this point and time.
wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael, you're too funny! rotflol

VirginiaR.
---

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard