A taste of Chapter 8, Part 2...

Lois sighed. A moment to herself. Then the guilt set in. She almost stopped her parents and the Kents from taking Lara for a walk. Almost stopped them because she didn’t want to be away from her daughter that long. She missed Lara already. When were they going to return? Rubbing her eyes, she yawned. She missed sleeping through the night, too. Who knew a baby, however old she was, would wake up every four hours wanting a bottle or a diaper change or a snuggle? Who knew that once last night, Lois would be standing at her bassinette waiting for her daughter to wake up because she couldn’t wait to snuggle with her?

Lara was so beautiful. She reminded her of Clark, especially around the eyes. Her husband and daughter had bonded at first touch, she thought with a smile, before the first touch. His eyes lit up at first sight. Love at first sight with his daughter. How could she not love Clark more whenever she watched them together? It was almost as if they could read each other’s thoughts.

Right. Lois shook her head. She had to get dressed. She couldn’t walk around all day in her underwear. This was the first moment all weekend that she had had to herself. The doorbell rang. She shook her head again. So much for her moment alone. Throwing on her robe, she skipped down the stairs.

“Martha,” Lois called out. “Did you forget your spare…?” She opened the door and stared into the eyes of H. G. Wells.

“Mr. Wells?” She closed her robe tighter. “What are you doing here?” Then reality struck her. “No! Absolutely not. You cannot take my daughter. We just got her. No!”

“Lois, I’m not here for your new daughter,” Mr. Wells informed her. She released a breath and stepped aside to let him in. He paused. “I would like to introduce you to her birth mother, though.”
Please post feedback here. Thank you.

Missing Lois - TOC

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.