Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
A taste of Chapter 8, Part 2...

Lois sighed. A moment to herself. Then the guilt set in. She almost stopped her parents and the Kents from taking Lara for a walk. Almost stopped them because she didn’t want to be away from her daughter that long. She missed Lara already. When were they going to return? Rubbing her eyes, she yawned. She missed sleeping through the night, too. Who knew a baby, however old she was, would wake up every four hours wanting a bottle or a diaper change or a snuggle? Who knew that once last night, Lois would be standing at her bassinette waiting for her daughter to wake up because she couldn’t wait to snuggle with her?

Lara was so beautiful. She reminded her of Clark, especially around the eyes. Her husband and daughter had bonded at first touch, she thought with a smile, before the first touch. His eyes lit up at first sight. Love at first sight with his daughter. How could she not love Clark more whenever she watched them together? It was almost as if they could read each other’s thoughts.

Right. Lois shook her head. She had to get dressed. She couldn’t walk around all day in her underwear. This was the first moment all weekend that she had had to herself. The doorbell rang. She shook her head again. So much for her moment alone. Throwing on her robe, she skipped down the stairs.

“Martha,” Lois called out. “Did you forget your spare…?” She opened the door and stared into the eyes of H. G. Wells.

“Mr. Wells?” She closed her robe tighter. “What are you doing here?” Then reality struck her. “No! Absolutely not. You cannot take my daughter. We just got her. No!”

“Lois, I’m not here for your new daughter,” Mr. Wells informed her. She released a breath and stepped aside to let him in. He paused. “I would like to introduce you to her birth mother, though.”
Please post feedback here. Thank you.

Missing Lois - TOC

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
What a great way to explain the final scene of Season 4. The Bummer-B-Gone erases Martha's memory of the baby. And Clark's telepathic link to the baby begins to explain why more questions weren't raised.

I love that Lois comes up with the same name. As you pointed out, it was her idea!

I'm worried about Lois and the transition coming up. Ougt to be an interesting ride!

Joan

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Joan: Thank you. This chapter starts off a bit WAFFy and gets deeper, darker as it progresses. Got your Dramamine, handy?

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Unfortunately his parents had been zapped too. He wondered what memories they lost.
Huh.

Mommy! Daddy! Mommy! Daddy!
Ooooh! I know that one!

Clark wrapped his arms around his wife and child and rested his head on the baby’s.

Daddy! Daddy!
hyper

Did that Bummer-B-Gone erase their memories of Lois in the other dimension? Of their grandchild? How could that be?
Oops?

“Jonathan,” his mother whispered. “It’s the spitting image of Clark as a baby.”
So, Clark was no Mr. Amazing as a baby?

It could be his missing Lois. His heart stopped beating. His missing Lois! She hadn’t come with the baby. He swallowed, looking at Lois.
Clark: Does this mean she will die?

Ellen elbowed Lois. “If she turns out to be a girl, be on the look-out for Clark’s ‘a-ha moment’.”
Huh.

“The moment he realizes that someday, his little baby girl will grow up and be a woman and men will want to date her.
Oooooooh!
/imagines a couple of years from now. Well, 14 or 15/
“Yo, Mista K! I’m Randy and I’m here to get LL for the pardy with ma boyz. Yo.”
/Clark glares at him/
“She’s really cool, ya know?”
“Randy, is it. Did you know I’m good friends with Superman?”
“Huh?”
“And that when some bad guys got me good, he hoisted them to the roof of a skyscraper?”
“Huh?”
“Now, that was just his old buddy Clark. But the Big Guys really adores his goddaughter…”
“Oh. Umm… I’m very sorry, Mr. Kent, Sir. I meant, that would very graciously like to ask your permission to invite your lovely daughter Lara to a soiree at my parent’s house. There is adult supervision, my mother is home and baking us cookies and there is lemonade. Umm… will 10pm be alright for me to return her home, Sir?”

“Ellen.” Martha chuckled. “That’s a ridiculous theory.”
Firmly established by each and every movie and TV show that portrays and an American father/daughter relationship.

Martha shook her head. “Clark would never…” She stopped and looked over at her son.
He already blanched?

“What’s this?” Clark winced as Ellen brought out the navy blanket in which the baby had been wrapped.
Uuuuuuuuhhh…

True, they had stressed his Mom out, but he still couldn’t fathom that all the memories of his pregnant Lois were bad enough to be wiped clean.
Well, there was that pesky article…

“No, Mom, she can’t be. She’s telepathic.”
wave Michael

PS: Okay, that's the last one for the night. thud

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael: wave

So, Clark was no Mr. Amazing as a baby?
She's looking at Lara's face.

Oooooooh!
/imagines a couple of years from now. Well, 14 or 15/
“Yo, Mista K! I’m Randy and I’m here to get LL for the pardy with ma boyz. Yo.”
/Clark glares at him/
“She’s really cool, ya know?”
“Randy, is it. Did you know I’m good friends with Superman?”
“Huh?”
“And that when some bad guys got me good, he hoisted them to the roof of a skyscraper?”
“Huh?”
“Now, that was just his old buddy Clark. But the Big Guys really adores his goddaughter…”
“Oh. Umm… I’m very sorry, Mr. Kent, Sir. I meant, that would very graciously like to ask your permission to invite your lovely daughter Lara to a soiree at my parent’s house. There is adult supervision, my mother is home and baking us cookies and there is lemonade. Umm… will 10pm be alright for me to return her home, Sir?”
Something like that. clap

Time difference?
Babies only sleep 3-4 hours at a time, if you're lucky.

And how did they slum it 100 years ago?
No idea!

That’s not a fortune. That’s a history lesson.
So true.

And I actually read ‘400 pound alien baby’ the first time
Oops?

thud
Ran out of gas? Sleep is good for one's mental health, so I've been told. My new year's resolution is to try to get at least 6 hours a night, instead of 5. laugh

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Of course, she'd have some super speed and strength by 15...
And Lois's competitiveness. So, she gonna be on the track team?

Too much?
You mean, in the story? No.

You mean that one he doesn't know about?
Yeah. The Bummer-Be-Gone works great, doesn't it. Even remove's memories from Supe's he didn't even have.

Ran out of gas? Sleep is good for one's mental health, so I've been told. My new year's resolution is to try to get at least 6 hours a night, instead of 5
Mine's 'go to bed at 10pm'. So far, it didn't hold. And would it be wrong to blame authors for that?

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Columnist
Columnist
Mommy! Daddy! Mommy! Daddy!
Yes, that would be a tiny bit alarming. More so than just a crying baby...

“Forget your old Mother was a nurse for over twenty years?” Ellen said, raising her brows.
Wasn't too hard for her OWN children to forget that, I guess? lol

“Lara Lucia Kent?” contemplated Ellen with a nod. “I like it.”
Aww her initials are the same as Lois' wink LLK

“Is anyone going to mention the four hundred pound alien in the room?” Ellen asked out of the blue.
Dense body mass? I'm sure Clark is very sensitive about his weight...

.talk nerdy to me.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by MrsLuthor:
Wasn't too hard for her OWN children to forget that, I guess? lol
About as easy as it was for Ellen Lane to remember she was a mother during the same time frame.

Aww her initials are the same as Lois' wink LLK
laugh

Dense body mass? I'm sure Clark is very sensitive about his weight...
Well, if he wasn't before... wink

VirginiaR.
---

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard