The cot was empty. The blankets were twisted and rumpled; one hung over the edge, its limpness giving it the impression of death.
*gulp* What did Cloneboy do?????

The *empty* kitchen.
Uh oh! This *can't* be good.

The cape flaring behind him in the breeze let in by the open windows--the windows I had closed and locked just two or three hours earlier--ruined the calming effect he was trying to exude.
Hmmm...true. She *did* lock the windows. Did Clark unlock them?

"He's gone to Luthor."
hyper

The smell of burnt flesh tainted the air.
Oops, not so invulnerable yet, huh?

And then, so suddenly it seemed a spell was broken, Clark's own eyes shone with a ruby light. The imposter's face shifted in surprise, but he sent out his own burst of heat-vision. A fireball exploded into existence halfway between the two super-powered beings.
Am I allowed to make a bad pun about "if looks could kill?"

Then, completely unexpectedly, he let out a groan and bent forward, his hands gripping the sides of his head. With a jolt of recognition, I realized that I had seen this before--the day he had flown me to a mountainside location so I could relay Clark's cunningly planned questions. I didn't know what was happening to Luthor's minion, but I wasn't about to let the opportunity slip by.

"Clark!" I hissed, capturing his immediate attention. I tilted my hands to reveal that I held the Kryptonite. "Get out of here! Quickly, while he's still distracted!"

His eyes widened. "No! I won't leave you--"

"Go!" I commanded raggedly. "I can't use it if you're here! *Now*, Clark!"
hyper

"Well, I must say, this isn't working out the way I'd hoped. How very disappointing, Lois."
Uh oh! Luthor! I hope Cloneboy throws him into the molten metal!

A spark of irritation scampered through my body; couldn't he just *once* do what I told him?
hyper

Somewhere in the middle of his insane spiel, he had hit me again.
This tale has left Lois shaken, not stirred.

All I know is that he seemed maniacally obsessed with me, perhaps because with the Kryptonite destroyed, I was now the only way he knew of to hurt Clark.
Not "perhaps." Definitely why.

A blur of red and blue sped past me.
Cloneboy to the rescue!

Exhilarating chapter! My heart was in my throat the entire time! Please post the next chapter soon!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon