Mouserocks: Glad you liked this chapter. I wasn't sure about it, because Clark kind of goes off the deep end at times, emotionally (and mentally). Yes, Chicago. You'll notice this Clark visits different places than canon Clark. He goes to Costa Rica beaches, instead of Hawaii. He gets pasteries in Denmark instead of France. He likes deep-dish pizza from Chicago. wink Clark was rushing off to Chicago to buy locks so he only heard the first part of Lois and Mayson's conversation before he was in another state. My guess, he can't hear that well. Lois took this into account and didn't get really into their conversation until after they had talked about Superman flying by. I see you're not the Hair fan. laugh

Michael: Clark, trouble? Nah. wink

No. He was telling the truth. From a certain point of view.
Yeah, Lois! Brush up on your Star Wars!

I do guarauntee you that this Clark isn't ALWAYS a lunkhead, just usually. laugh

Coward. It's okay to sleep with your fiancee. After all, you proposed. Kinda. And she accepted. Kinda.
He doesn't know that. And I don't think this Clark has problems with stamina.

Bad Lois. I actually thought she was half serious.
Who said she wasn't half-serious?

Yep. And I wonder if Lois gasped because she just saw Clark going completely bonkers or because of his sexual state.
A little of both.

Why steal seven condoms and tamper with the rest? Why not tamper with all of them but leave them supposedly undisturbed? Much less conspicuous.
There is no IQ tests for burglars. They said, "oooh, condoms" and then said, "Hey, you know what'd be really funny?" Actually, this tampered condoms bit comes from a story of a friend of mine whose brothers did this to their parents... nine months later... eek

“Lois?” he called, tenderly, yet loud enough for her to hear. “Open up, honey. It’s Clark.”

She turned her back to the door and buried her face in her hands. “Leave me alone.”
What's going on?
First time he's used a 'dash-and-run excuse' on her. She has no TV and doesn't know what happened to him.

And just before Lois returned to her room, Martha caught her and told her that she and Jonathan always sleep with earplugs in the city.
I wish I had thought of that. laugh

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.