Told ya.

Clark opened the bathroom door and stomped across the room to Lois. He held up the box of condoms. “What’s this?”

She gulped, her eyes wide, staring at him. “Trash.”

He raised a brow. “Trash?”

Lois turned away from him. “Yes. Trash.”
That's not good.

“May I ask with whom you used the other seven condoms from this box?” His eyes were in slits.

She looked at him, pain and tears dancing in her eyes from his accusation. “They were stolen,” she whispered, her voice wavering. “By the burglars.”
huh

If you and Lois had used these condoms…
She might be preggers and in need of a super husband.

“I will never cheat on you, Clark. Please trust me.”
Yes. And with whom, anyway? Superman?

Maybe you should suggest he move in with you, so you can have him around all the time. Full time security.
Ooooooo and they'll need more condoms that way. Or placebo pills for Lois.

You said you would wait until he was ready, Lois. You should have told him you were already ready.

What? The box of condoms she bought wasn’t enough of a hint?

Touché!
laugh

“And invulnerable is spelled v-u-l-n, not v-u-n-l.”
laugh

Nope. I want to try you out.
Then she needs to crank the handle to get things started.

“Ready to fly?”

Lois’s jaw dropped.
laugh

If Clark’s ever going to move in with you, you need something higher with a balcony where Superman can take-off and land without being seen by everyone. You live in a basement with windows almost too small to crawl through.
/hands Lois the classifieds section/ Although, I'm sure his room in the cafe is large enough for two.

. A place with a private bedroom would be nice too.
/(mis)interprets this as a bedroom with windows where nobody can peek in but still exposed to the sun most of the day/

Lois would have said something.

His brow furrowed.

Wouldn’t she have?
/raises eyebrow/

Why would Superman give his exclusive first interview to someone from a small-town paper?
He likes em spunky and brunette?

Superman should really give his exclusive first interview with someone with no ties to Clark whatsoever, someone from a big city paper, like the Metropolis Star. But if Superman gave his exclusive to Linda King after hearing what he had from Lois’s earlier discussion with the woman, Clark would never be forgiven. As Superman or his best friend. There was some sort of bad blood between Lois and Linda; what it was, he did not know.
Yep. Thought so, too. *that* would be too much for Lois to bear. Although, she'd still need to find Kryptonite.

“Lois?” he called, tenderly, yet loud enough for her to hear. “Open up, honey. It’s Clark.”

She turned her back to the door and buried her face in her hands. “Leave me alone.”
What's going on?

Oh, great, Flyboy. How long were you gone?
Bad Clark.

“Hi, Lois,” he said, stepping towards her with outstretched arms. Suddenly, an overnight bag was shoved into his chest.

“You owe me. Big time, Kent,” Lois grumbled.
laugh

Let’s go. Your mom better have some kind of chocolate dessert on hand for me.”
laugh

At least she trusted him enough to still come home with him.
Parents sleeping right next door.
Well, he wouldn’t have to worry about her coming on to him with his folks in the next room. Yea, lucky him.
And just before Lois returned to her room, Martha caught her and told her that she and Jonathan always sleep with earplugs in the city.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.