Thanks for the feedback, everyone! It's very encouraging to know, this close to the end, that I haven't scared everyone away! smile

So glad this chapter kept you on the edge of your seat, VirginiaR. I know everyone's waiting for the climax, so I was worried this chapter would be a bit frustrating for the readers. And something bad about to happen? Surely not! :p

Loved your comment, Queen of the Capes--I had to laugh at how you rephrased Lois's dialogue. laugh

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Lynn--and for taking time out of your busy schedule to read and comment!

I love the ambiguous phrases and double-meanings laced throughout this chapter, scifiJoan--very fun to do. Glad you're enjoying the story!

Thanks, Deadly Chakram. I wasn't even thinking about bringing in Clark's insecurity, but it went down on page, so I guess HE needed to address it. smile Glad the metaphors are working--another thing I like to do. How's the popcorn? laugh

Thanks, Framework4! I'm glad you're still following the story.

Morgana, thanks for putting that line up--I liked it so much when you beta-read, I knew it deserved to be seen. Beautiful all on its own.

Thanks, Vicki--personalization (and thanks for coming up with a name for it, by the way smile ) is something I, perhaps, do a little too often, so I was overjoyed to see so many people comment favorably on it. And I had a lot of fun weaving in pieces of the show in slightly different forms. Hopefully, most of your questions will soon be answered!

I love all your comments regarding the stars and sun, mozartmaid--so insightful. I like how you compared distant stars to imposters. I admit that I didn't go into that much detail on the metaphor, but I'm glad it caught your attention. :rolleyes: As to Clark being Superman again... cool

Thanks, stephnachia! For Lois's sake, I hope you're wrong about 'Superman's' kiss! wink

Very astute comments, Darth Michael, so much so that I can't respond to very many of them. I did like all the phrases you finished or redid in your own words. And thanks for pointing out that Lois went out to meet Superman without a robe--I certainly didn't intend to give that image, so I'll have to go back and mention her throwing on a covering before going outside. Sorry about that! blush And a cliff-hanger? Here I thought I'd been very generous about finishing a scene before chapter breaks. wink

Thanks, everyone!