Missing Lois - TOC

A taste of Chapter 6, Part 4...

Lois waited and listened. She couldn’t hear anything but a strange fluttering sound.

“I think…” Lucy started, but Lois held up a finger.

They couldn’t talk out loud or Clark would hear them with those super ears of his. Lois could wait. After two minutes and still not hearing the telltale sound of Superman departing, Lois walked to her desk. She removed a couple of notepads and pens and tossed one of each to Lucy.

I KNOW she wrote, holding it up to Lucy, but away from either the window or the front door.

Lucy stared at her for a minute, then looked down at the notepad and pen on the floor in front of her as if she didn’t want to pick it up. She went over to Lois and grabbed her notepad and pen out of her hand. Know?

I KNOW! Lois underlined her previous words. Then she looked around, even peering out the windows. Did you hear him leave? I didn’t. wrote Lois.

Lucy raised an eyebrow. Does Clark make a sound when he leaves?

Lois rolled her eyes. SM. She shook her head. What was that strange fluttering sound?

“Oh,” said Lucy, innocently. “Was he here?”

Lois tapped her notepad and flipped back to her first note I KNOW!

Lucy’s eyes opened wide and wrote, Know, Know?

Lois nodded.
Please post feedback here. Thank you.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 01/27/15 06:22 PM. Reason: Fix Broken Links

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.