Clark coughed. “Lois, I really think you should get off my lap, now.”

She was still at his ear. “Make me.”
She really does ooze sexual energy. Lois and Cat in the same newsroom must have had the entire male populous go crazy. Especially, since that was a sinfully young Lois back then.

A large part of him.
/chokes/

But she was a married woman. Married to an evil mad-man, but still married. It was bad enough that he had slept with her once… twice.
Three times the charm? And was that ‘twice’ over the weekend, which would make Lois very unhappy, or ‘twice as in with *two* married Loises?

“Legally, you belong to him,” he muttered, instantly regretting the words as soon as they left his mouth.
Umm… “Clark Kent was a valued member of society. His graciousness and willingness to help out was a beacon to everyone on this blue globe. The world will miss him very much.”?

Lois let go of his face entirely and he felt like she had slapped him.
I expected her to actually slap him.

So Lex can come and pick up his belongings?”
Well, she does wear a tag, informing the finder that she belongs to Lex Luthor and may please be returned to Singapour Plaza when found.

“Well, then…” Her forearm pressed against his throat and shoved him against the elevator wall.
hyper

“Have you heard anything about what Superman’s been up to today, Lucy? Busy saving people or something? Some huge natural disaster that required his attention perhaps?”

“Nothing. Not a peep,” said Lucy with a glance at Clark.

“Hmmm.” Lois thought for a minute. “I can’t tell you, Clark.”
confused

“What do you think, Lucy? If I told Clark, he’d tell Superman, wouldn’t he?”

“Oh, most definitely,” Lucy agreed.
I wonder if Lucy figured out that Lois knows…everything. There weren’t really any obvious hints.

“I haven’t heard you apologize for stealing my credit card or the time machine or breaking into my house…”
hyper

/points to first remark for concluding statement/

/off to read next part/
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.