Missing Lois - TOC

A little taste of Chapter 6, Part 2...

They pulled up to the Topeka airport and Lois stretched. She was having a divine time teasing Clark. She had learned a lot more in these last twenty-four hours than she had during the whole last month. So, Superman was going to take an airplane trip to Metropolis with her. That should be interesting. She wondered if he had ever flown on an airplane before. He dropped off the rental car and they took the shuttle to the airport.

Lois could hear the other passengers whispering and pointing in their direction as they stood in line to get their tickets. They clearly recognized him as Superman. Why hadn’t she noticed anyone doing that in Metropolis? Then, again, she had never really been out and about with Clark Kent. Only once or twice.

“Two tickets to Metropolis, please,” Clark told the counter agent. “One way.”

Lois placed her ticket and Lucy’s ID on the counter. “Actually, I have my return ticket here, Clark. We just need a ticket for you.” Then she stood back to watch the fun.

“Clark? Clark Kent?” The ticket counter agent’s face went white. “You want to fly Topeka Air to Metropolis?”

“Yes. On the one o’clock flight. Is there room?”

The ticket counter person looked to her co-worker and then back at him. “Have you ever flown with us before, Mr. Kent?” she asked nervously, typing on her computer.

“No. This is my first time.”

She cleared her throat and then lowered her voice. “Is there any specific reason that you are flying with us today? Any reason we should be appraised about, Sir?”

“Not that I’m aware of,” Clark replied. Oh, he really couldn’t be this oblivious. Lois wondered if they would even let him fly.

A manager approached the desk. “What seems to be the problem?”

Clark looked at the ticket agent and then at the manager. “Is there something wrong?”

The manager looked at him and then at the screen and then back at him. “Mr. Kent? Mr. Clark Kent? The Clark Kent?” The manager was staring at him.

“The only one that I know of.”

Lois leaned over to him and whispered into his ear. “Liar.”
Many thanks to my wonderful Beta Readers! clap

Please post feedback here. Thank you.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 01/27/15 06:14 PM. Reason: Fix Broken Links

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.