Clark had dropped off Sam at Lucy’s. She had greeted him with her usual slap in the face.
confused I thought she was only recently mad at him? And that’s the first time he’s shown up home since then?

Had part of him thought it was Lucy that Kal was kissing, not his Lois? Perhaps a little bit at first.
He’s making it worse, isn’t he?

Lois was too fragile a person for a man like him. Too breakable.
Umm…

she had shown no interest to that side of him whatsoever… until this morning on the way to the shower, when Lois had looked at Clark as a piece of meat. A piece of juicy tasty, freshly barbequed meat.
Oh boy. That’s not going to raise suspicions.

A part of Clark thought Lois had figured it all out and was torturing him on purpose, because it sure felt like torture having her look at him like that as she had talked about showering.
Naaahhh!

Because of all that and because his own anger, Lois had rushed into a snow storm and almost died, Clark had forgiven her.
That’s rich.

Quickly and more easily than he might otherwise would have.
So rich!

A part of him still had difficulty forgiving Kal for his actions, even though Clark knew he and Kal’s wife had not only kissed but done a whole lot more.
Richer than rich.

Though he and Lucy might laugh and joke about their one night together from time to time,
They do?

Neither would Kal should he learn of the affair.
/laughs/ Oh, Lois. And to think, Alt-Clark actually got mad because Alt-Lois *kissed* me! /laughs some more/

Clark had already decided that he would be – should be – alone for the rest of his life
So, he’s going to punish his Lois for the stupid stuff he did?

Lois and he could be friends.
With benefits? Would be right up her alley.

He wouldn’t press charges against them for using his stolen credit card to rent a car to Lois, and he wouldn’t pay for the damages.
confused Why’s that *their* fault?

I know I’ve been nothing but a thorn in your side since coming back to Metropolis. I promise to be better.”
Is that apology part of her plan to torture him mercilessly? Maybe make him think it’s all in his head since she promised she would be better?

That was the nicest she had been to him since Superman flew her home.
And isn’t that suspicious?

He walked slowly down the hall and found her curled up into a tight ball on the bed they had shared.
Oh dear. You now, that letter-her-know-thing was really mean. /wags finger/ Still, she probably needed the wake-up call. And so does Clark. Still, a very mean 2x4.

He had done this. He had hurt her this badly. It was his fault. He should have never let them become close, but they had.
Yes, it’s partly his fault.

He had felt, and was still feeling, the loss and pain at the ending of their relationship as well.
Sorry, wrong answer. Would you like another pass? And his pulling back will make things so much worse.

She closed it as soon as he entered.
Suspicious.

“I’ve got it,” Lois said, jerking it out of his hand. It flew out of her hand and across the room.
Huh.

“That’s odd. It felt empty.”
Umm…

Lois closed it again and stared at it for a minute. “You carry it.”
“You carry the possessed thing.”

“Of course, you wanted to pry. You’re Lois Lane.”
Awwwwwww

“Ouch! Is that what you think of me?”
Lois!

So, the next time I come here, you’ll have put in some personal touches for me to snoop through?”
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.