Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Missing Lois - TOC

A little taste of Chapter 6, Part 2...

They pulled up to the Topeka airport and Lois stretched. She was having a divine time teasing Clark. She had learned a lot more in these last twenty-four hours than she had during the whole last month. So, Superman was going to take an airplane trip to Metropolis with her. That should be interesting. She wondered if he had ever flown on an airplane before. He dropped off the rental car and they took the shuttle to the airport.

Lois could hear the other passengers whispering and pointing in their direction as they stood in line to get their tickets. They clearly recognized him as Superman. Why hadn’t she noticed anyone doing that in Metropolis? Then, again, she had never really been out and about with Clark Kent. Only once or twice.

“Two tickets to Metropolis, please,” Clark told the counter agent. “One way.”

Lois placed her ticket and Lucy’s ID on the counter. “Actually, I have my return ticket here, Clark. We just need a ticket for you.” Then she stood back to watch the fun.

“Clark? Clark Kent?” The ticket counter agent’s face went white. “You want to fly Topeka Air to Metropolis?”

“Yes. On the one o’clock flight. Is there room?”

The ticket counter person looked to her co-worker and then back at him. “Have you ever flown with us before, Mr. Kent?” she asked nervously, typing on her computer.

“No. This is my first time.”

She cleared her throat and then lowered her voice. “Is there any specific reason that you are flying with us today? Any reason we should be appraised about, Sir?”

“Not that I’m aware of,” Clark replied. Oh, he really couldn’t be this oblivious. Lois wondered if they would even let him fly.

A manager approached the desk. “What seems to be the problem?”

Clark looked at the ticket agent and then at the manager. “Is there something wrong?”

The manager looked at him and then at the screen and then back at him. “Mr. Kent? Mr. Clark Kent? The Clark Kent?” The manager was staring at him.

“The only one that I know of.”

Lois leaned over to him and whispered into his ear. “Liar.”
Many thanks to my wonderful Beta Readers! clap

Please post feedback here. Thank you.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 01/27/15 06:14 PM. Reason: Fix Broken Links

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
“Sorry, I didn’t mean to pry,” Lois said, coming to him and setting her hand on his chest.

He took a deep breath and set his hand over hers for a moment, before removing it from his chest. Then Clark smiled. “Of course, you wanted to pry. You’re Lois Lane.”
I love this! It goes right to the essence of Lois Lane.

S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
I wish Clark wouldn't be so hard on himself. From the teaser, it sounds like Lois is figuring things out. I'm looking forward to that.

Joan

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Clark had dropped off Sam at Lucy’s. She had greeted him with her usual slap in the face.
confused I thought she was only recently mad at him? And that’s the first time he’s shown up home since then?

Had part of him thought it was Lucy that Kal was kissing, not his Lois? Perhaps a little bit at first.
He’s making it worse, isn’t he?

Lois was too fragile a person for a man like him. Too breakable.
Umm…

she had shown no interest to that side of him whatsoever… until this morning on the way to the shower, when Lois had looked at Clark as a piece of meat. A piece of juicy tasty, freshly barbequed meat.
Oh boy. That’s not going to raise suspicions.

A part of Clark thought Lois had figured it all out and was torturing him on purpose, because it sure felt like torture having her look at him like that as she had talked about showering.
Naaahhh!

Because of all that and because his own anger, Lois had rushed into a snow storm and almost died, Clark had forgiven her.
That’s rich.

Quickly and more easily than he might otherwise would have.
So rich!

A part of him still had difficulty forgiving Kal for his actions, even though Clark knew he and Kal’s wife had not only kissed but done a whole lot more.
Richer than rich.

Though he and Lucy might laugh and joke about their one night together from time to time,
They do?

Neither would Kal should he learn of the affair.
/laughs/ Oh, Lois. And to think, Alt-Clark actually got mad because Alt-Lois *kissed* me! /laughs some more/

Clark had already decided that he would be – should be – alone for the rest of his life
So, he’s going to punish his Lois for the stupid stuff he did?

Lois and he could be friends.
With benefits? Would be right up her alley.

He wouldn’t press charges against them for using his stolen credit card to rent a car to Lois, and he wouldn’t pay for the damages.
confused Why’s that *their* fault?

I know I’ve been nothing but a thorn in your side since coming back to Metropolis. I promise to be better.”
Is that apology part of her plan to torture him mercilessly? Maybe make him think it’s all in his head since she promised she would be better?

That was the nicest she had been to him since Superman flew her home.
And isn’t that suspicious?

He walked slowly down the hall and found her curled up into a tight ball on the bed they had shared.
Oh dear. You now, that letter-her-know-thing was really mean. /wags finger/ Still, she probably needed the wake-up call. And so does Clark. Still, a very mean 2x4.

He had done this. He had hurt her this badly. It was his fault. He should have never let them become close, but they had.
Yes, it’s partly his fault.

He had felt, and was still feeling, the loss and pain at the ending of their relationship as well.
Sorry, wrong answer. Would you like another pass? And his pulling back will make things so much worse.

She closed it as soon as he entered.
Suspicious.

“I’ve got it,” Lois said, jerking it out of his hand. It flew out of her hand and across the room.
Huh.

“That’s odd. It felt empty.”
Umm…

Lois closed it again and stared at it for a minute. “You carry it.”
“You carry the possessed thing.”

“Of course, you wanted to pry. You’re Lois Lane.”
Awwwwwww

“Ouch! Is that what you think of me?”
Lois!

So, the next time I come here, you’ll have put in some personal touches for me to snoop through?”
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Iolanthe: Thank you!

Joan: Clark's had a hard life. He's used to bad luck. Often he brings it on himself with his (this) behavior. wink

Michael: Gee, let's see when else has Lucy greeted Clark with a slap across the face? Ah, when she returned from Smallville/Metropolis with HG Wells after contracting IDTS.

He’s making it worse, isn’t he?
All those muscules and super strength make digging holes so much easier.

That’s not going to raise suspicions.
Nope. He thinks she's mad at Mr. A.

Richer than rich.
Yes, he is a bit of pot calling the kettle black.

They do?
Off page mostly.

So, he’s going to punish his Lois for the stupid stuff he did?
No, he's punishing himself. Leaving her for her own good.

Why’s that *their* fault?
Well, the card's got HIS name on it and obviously Lois ain't no Clark Kent.

Is that apology part of her plan to torture him mercilessly? Maybe make him think it’s all in his head since she promised she would be better?
What? She can't be sincere? clap

/waits for a revealing accident to happen. Like Lois falling and then both float and meet in mid-air. Oops.
Nah, that would be too easy. Too soon.

And she’s sharing?
I love how you find 'nice Lois' as so suspicous. huh

Poor Lois. All alone. And she lost the one memento she thinks remained to her after their weekend of passion.
I do believe Moonbeam warned her that her new life would suck royally, didn't she?

Well, technically, he isn’t her boyfriend.
No, not technically. But he still loves her and promised to wait for her (I know, I know!) so in the loosest definition of the word...

He really has no idea what he’s confessing there, does he?
That Clark Kent is in love with her as well? Superman and Lois already discussed that on Christmas Eve as well.

Ooooh, code for “Let’s be friends”
Come on! It'll be good for you.

Why does this sound so literal?
Sorry, no DE this time.

/whispers “Goode” and since the Dirt Digger belongs to Goode, umm
Sorry, missed that one. Thanks!

She could have talked about his inferior…body and how disappointing a lover he was?
Right, tick off the pyschopathic, murderous ex-husband in the press. Good one!

Is she just playing or does she actually not believe it?
A bit of both.

Happy New Year, Michael! Phew! Caught up!

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Gee, let's see when else has Lucy greeted Clark with a slap across the face? Ah, when she returned from Smallville/Metropolis with HG Wells after contracting IDTS.
wave
/new years resolution: do more reading wink
OTOH, I really should do some writing this week, so, likely not excessive reading blush

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard