Missing Lois - TOC

A taste of Chapter 5, Part 10...

“Lucy, hello. I’m trying to reach Clark Kent on an urgent matter. How would be the best way to contact him?” Superman asked the woman on the phone with the slight Southern accent.

You tell me and I’ll hunt him down. He’ll be mostly out this afternoon, but he does check in with me.

“This is a private matter of some delicacy.”

Clark does not have any secrets from me. I’m his personal research assistant,” Lucy explained.

“Clark Kent has his own personal research assistant?” Superman was surprised. He glanced at Lois and she nodded with a roll of her eyes.

Clark Kent is the best reporter this city has ever seen, since Lois Lane. So yes, he has his own research assistant.” Her response seemed a bit defensive. “So, do you want to leave the message or not?

“You know all his secrets, do you?” he asked, curious. “Do you know Kal-El, too?”

Very well. Probably better than you do.” Lucy was still being defensive. Did this woman have to deal with Superman groupies constantly calling for her boss? He wondered. “What about him?

“I’m Kal-El.”

Very funny, Clark, very funny.” She wasn’t laughing. “So, I take it you found…

“No. This really is Kal-El.”
Many thanks for my Beta Readers. clap

Please post feedback here. Thank you for reading.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 01/12/15 04:44 PM. Reason: Fix Broken Links

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.