He didn't make a reply until I had leaned him up against the side of the Jeep so I could fish out my keys and open the door. "I didn't know you thought that," he said quietly.

"Thought what?"

"That I had a way with words."
smile1

Terror invaded my system and set every cell afire. I jumped from my bed and crossed to Clark's cot in two strides, perching on the edge so I could feel his forehead for a fever. "Clark, you're fine. You have to be fine. You're not going to die--there is absolutely no need to confess any sins, okay? You're going to be fine."
wallbash Oh come on, Lois!!!

His hand on my cheek was as cool as a breath of fresh air, as gentle as a slight breeze, and as reassuring as the sight of a sunrise. "Yeah," he whispered, his voice dry. "I'm coming back."
This better mean that he's also going to take out anti-Supes and put on the red and blue once his powers return.

Needing distance, I stood and took a step toward the bed before looking over my shoulder. "No more midnight confessions, right?"

"I guess not." Inexplicably, he sounded *disappointed*.

With a sigh, I resigned myself to the fact that I would *never* understand Clark Kent.
Ok, so he tells her in the daylight, not in the middle of the night. She only specified no *midnight* confessions, after all.

So, I was smiling the entire time Clark was talking to her in the dark, telling her about his amnesia during Nightfall. But you are such a tease. I really thought he was going to give her some more clues to who he is, at the very least.

Post more soon!!!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon