Missing Lois - TOC

A taste of Chapter 5, Part 7:

Perry released a breath. “You are going to have to tell Lois one of these days about her roommate’s condition.”

“It’s on my list of things to tell her.”

“Yeah, that list is getting pretty long, isn’t it, Clark?” Perry stared at him with a raised brow and his lips pressed together. The Chief wasn’t happy about him keeping his identity a secret from Lois either.

“Not you too, Perry. Cat’s threatened me with demotion if I tell her.” Clark sighed, then changed the subject back to Lucy. “We’re just lucky Lex didn’t realize…” He shook his head, cutting off the end of his sentence.

“That he didn’t recognize Lucy?”

Clark nodded, keeping his eyes on Lois, sitting at the table on the other side of the room. He had forgotten that Lucy had told Perry about having known Lex personally.

“Have you had your blood pressure checked recently, Clark? I can’t believe you put those two together as roommates.” Perry shook his head and laughed quietly. “You’re a braver man than I am. That’s all I can say.”

Clark glanced at him out of the corner of his eye. “What do you mean?”

“What if Lois finds out about you and Lucy?”

Clark’s eyes flashed to Perry’s. “I have no idea to what you are referring.”

Perry chuckled. “Sure you do.”

Clark cleared his throat. “Really, sir, you have no idea what you’re talking about.”

“I don’t? Hmmm. So, that wasn’t you who drank all my good Scotch on Thanksgiving and poured his heart out to me?”

Clark grinned with embarrassment. Guilty. “Nope. Must have been that super hero guy. He likes to dress up like me and play practical jokes on my friends.”

“You’re playing with fire, Clark.”

He didn’t catch Perry’s meaning.

“You shouldn’t be within fifty feet of that girl and we both know it.”

Clark sighed. “She told you.”
Many thanks to my wonderful and hard working Beta Readers. notworthy

Please post comments below. Thank you.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 01/12/15 04:34 PM. Reason: Fix Broken Links

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.