Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Missing Lois - TOC

A taste of Chapter 5, Part 7:

Perry released a breath. “You are going to have to tell Lois one of these days about her roommate’s condition.”

“It’s on my list of things to tell her.”

“Yeah, that list is getting pretty long, isn’t it, Clark?” Perry stared at him with a raised brow and his lips pressed together. The Chief wasn’t happy about him keeping his identity a secret from Lois either.

“Not you too, Perry. Cat’s threatened me with demotion if I tell her.” Clark sighed, then changed the subject back to Lucy. “We’re just lucky Lex didn’t realize…” He shook his head, cutting off the end of his sentence.

“That he didn’t recognize Lucy?”

Clark nodded, keeping his eyes on Lois, sitting at the table on the other side of the room. He had forgotten that Lucy had told Perry about having known Lex personally.

“Have you had your blood pressure checked recently, Clark? I can’t believe you put those two together as roommates.” Perry shook his head and laughed quietly. “You’re a braver man than I am. That’s all I can say.”

Clark glanced at him out of the corner of his eye. “What do you mean?”

“What if Lois finds out about you and Lucy?”

Clark’s eyes flashed to Perry’s. “I have no idea to what you are referring.”

Perry chuckled. “Sure you do.”

Clark cleared his throat. “Really, sir, you have no idea what you’re talking about.”

“I don’t? Hmmm. So, that wasn’t you who drank all my good Scotch on Thanksgiving and poured his heart out to me?”

Clark grinned with embarrassment. Guilty. “Nope. Must have been that super hero guy. He likes to dress up like me and play practical jokes on my friends.”

“You’re playing with fire, Clark.”

He didn’t catch Perry’s meaning.

“You shouldn’t be within fifty feet of that girl and we both know it.”

Clark sighed. “She told you.”
Many thanks to my wonderful and hard working Beta Readers. notworthy

Please post comments below. Thank you.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 01/12/15 04:34 PM. Reason: Fix Broken Links

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
I
Blogger
Blogger
I
Nice chapter, I forgot about Jaxson at the planet.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This roller coaster is making me dizzy! weeee, Can I ride again soon? Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Lois that wasn't kind!

“And you dress like a bag lady, too!”
This was a funny line too:

“Lola isn’t chunky and she wouldn’t be caught dead in an outfit like that.”
I hope Superman is going to come clean about his identity soon.

Joan

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
wave

It made no sense. How could he be jealous of himself?
Well... because she *is* coloring outside the lines a bit...

She was free to flirt with other men. He just didn’t have to like it.
See? He's learning.
“Mr. Kent, it’s Security downstairs. A gorgeous woman is on her way up to see you. We couldn’t stop her. She just stormed her way past us.”
Can't be Lois. Can it? Lex's agent?

“Clark Kent! Where the hell are you?”
Oh boy.

“Lois,” Clark gasped, focusing his attention on the woman bearing down on a scrawny copyboy with glasses. Only this Lois had her sight back. That was what Lucy had been grinning about.
Yep.

“Oh, crap,” he heard Lucy whisper. “She got loose.”
clap

“You lied to me, Clark Kent,” she said pointing at him.
Okay?

“You said you were nothing much to look at,” she replied, her lips pressed together in anger
Lois!

“What can I do for you?”

“Where’s my stuff?” she snarled.
laugh

His editor was enjoying this more than a saucer of cream.
Well...actually...hasn't she switched to...ah...

“Lola?” Jaxon said, shock in his voice.
Oh boy. So, will they make Lucy head-researcher, now that Jaxon has mysteriously lost his head at the 3rd vertebra?

“Not now, Jaxon, I’m talking with…” Then she stopped, her back going ramrod straight, her eyes growing wide.
clap

“I work here, Lola. I do the website and help out in research. Father is going to be so glad to know I found you. He’s been worried sick.”
Ahh...

“Jaxon, you know that your father kidnapped me and held me against my will for over three years, right?” She spoke to him as if he were a little slow.
clap

“You!” Lois pointed at Lucy. “First, my apartment, now my desk? Clark, she’s trying to steal my life.”
Just borrowing...

“Now I know why she was keeping Superman away from me the other night. She wasn’t trying to protect his image, she wants him for herself. Well, she can’t have him. He’s mine.”
Lois!

“Oh, my God! Clark. Sorry. I’m so sorry. I shouldn’t have said anything. Nothing happened. I promise. I just have this huge crush on him and I can’t keep my mouth shut. He’s just so gorgeous in that blue suit of his and…”
clap Hoping that two magnets cancel each other out?

“Because I certainly can’t live with her.” He laughed. “My girlfriend would not approve.”

Lois stopped in the middle of the sidewalk, her jaw dropped.
Oh boy.

“So you’ve got a new girlfriend. Why is this the first I’m hearing about her?” There was an edge to her voice. Was she jealous? Of Clark Kent’s girlfriend?
evil Is she going to hunt her down, now?

“I would have liked to see that bidding war.” She smiled. “So, how much did you go for, handsome?”

“Enough about me.
laugh

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
A dark town car pulled up and two men jumped out and dragged her into it. “You’re coming with us, Mrs. Luthor,” one of the men grumbled.
hyper

There was something cold in his eyes she had never seen in her Lex’s eyes… She shook her head.
Oh boy.

“And fourthly, SUPERMAN HELP!” Lucy yelled, before the thugs grabbed her and covered her mouth with tape.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Immery: Yep, Jaxon rears his nasty head about the time people forget about him.

Laura: Glad you're enjoying the ride!

Joan: Canon Clark isn't big on sharing his secret, why should Alt-Clark be any less stubborn? Maybe it will be a nice Christmas gift? Or not. wink clap Thank you for your comments.

See? He's learning.
Being that he's Kryptonian, Clark isn't "old" at 30 therefore can still learn new tricks.

Well...actually...hasn't she switched to...ah...
Cream = REALLY good milk which comes from a cow.

Oh boy. So, will they make Lucy head-researcher, now that Jaxon has mysteriously lost his head at the 3rd vertebra?
So, Clark is the shoot the messenger type guy?

Is he that good or is he that bad?
Yep.

You do realize that there was a time you made us like her, right?
Yep. So, she has depth, huh. Or Cat can't be catty?

So, she's boinking Superman and crushing on Clark Kent?
Yes... no... kind of. laugh She's confused.

Couldn't Clark just wiggle the globe loose when Jaxon exits the building and let an accident happen?
Nah, he might get blood on it and that would be a creepy logo for the DP, a bloody globe.

Hoping that two magnets cancel each other out?
Or together they make an extra strong magnet. Oh, wait, that's Clark's nightmare.

Does he really think it's a good idea to anger the pregnant lady with the half-on superpowers? Might be bad for any future offspring.
a) Lex doesn't know who the father of Lucy's baby is, and b) Lex has too many children already.

/sigh/ He really should have taken a moment to weld the doors shut or throw the car into orbit, drop Lucy off at home, come back and catch the car, deposit it at the precinct and head back home. 30 seconds do not make a difference at this point. Or, at least, go after the car again...
When it's about Lois's health, even 30 seconds is too long for Clark.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Being that he's Kryptonian, Clark isn't "old" at 30 therefore can still learn new tricks.
rotflol

So, Clark is the shoot the messenger type guy?
No, but the "Shoot the evil bastard son of the evil arch enemy"-type?

Yep. So, she has depth, huh.
shock

Nah, he might get blood on it and that would be a creepy logo for the DP, a bloody globe.
/imagines Nigel cursing: Bloody Planet!

Or together they make an extra strong magnet. Oh, wait, that's Clark's nightmare.
In more ways than one...

Lex has too many children already.
Yes, but it will also hinder future activities such as which the church frowns upon since it's not intended to create off-spring.

When it's about Lois's health, even 30 seconds is too long for Clark.
That's gonna come back to haunt him...
/imagines Our-Clark lecturing Alt-Clark: And that's while I concur in principle, past experience has taught me that a breathing Lois is much tougher than she looks and taking the time to properly store the criminal pays off in the future by keeping Lois both breathing, with memory, and un-cloned./

Michael

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard