Missing Lois - TOC

A taste from Ch 5, Part 3:

Clark rested his head on her shoulder. “I never understood until now, Lucy, how much a part of you he is. How much you mean to Kal. I thought I knew. Oh, Lucy, what am I going to do?”

Lucy studied him for a minute. “Clark! You naughty boy. You kissed her!” She beamed, pushing on his shoulder. “I warned you not to.”

Clark swallowed. “Actually, she kissed me.” He sighed. “You didn’t even ask if I found her, you just knew. How do you do that?”

She smiled and patted him on the knee. “I know you. Nothing was going to keep Clark Kent away from his Lois Lane once he found her. Not even Lex Luthor.”

Nothing. Yeah, right. “Not even a cyclone.”

“Really, Clark? You have the best luck with stories. Here you have Lois Lane, an interview with Lex Luthor, and you get a cyclone as well.” She shook her head. “I wish I could have been there.”

He looked her in the eye. “I’m glad you weren’t.” He swallowed. “That man had made a clone of her and after I rescued Lois, he killed the clone. Threw her off the balcony into the cyclone and left her for dead.”

Lucy hugged him. “Oh, Clark. I’m so sorry.”

Clark was surprised that he felt hardly any pull towards her at all anymore. He didn’t want to still feel desire for Lucy, but he always had before. It felt strange, almost a kind of freedom, not to want her in that way. For the first time since she had arrived that past summer, Kal’s Lois actually felt like his sister-in-law.
Please post feedback here. Thank you.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 01/12/15 04:22 PM. Reason: Fix Broken Links

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.