Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Missing Lois - TOC

A taste from Ch 5, Part 3:

Clark rested his head on her shoulder. “I never understood until now, Lucy, how much a part of you he is. How much you mean to Kal. I thought I knew. Oh, Lucy, what am I going to do?”

Lucy studied him for a minute. “Clark! You naughty boy. You kissed her!” She beamed, pushing on his shoulder. “I warned you not to.”

Clark swallowed. “Actually, she kissed me.” He sighed. “You didn’t even ask if I found her, you just knew. How do you do that?”

She smiled and patted him on the knee. “I know you. Nothing was going to keep Clark Kent away from his Lois Lane once he found her. Not even Lex Luthor.”

Nothing. Yeah, right. “Not even a cyclone.”

“Really, Clark? You have the best luck with stories. Here you have Lois Lane, an interview with Lex Luthor, and you get a cyclone as well.” She shook her head. “I wish I could have been there.”

He looked her in the eye. “I’m glad you weren’t.” He swallowed. “That man had made a clone of her and after I rescued Lois, he killed the clone. Threw her off the balcony into the cyclone and left her for dead.”

Lucy hugged him. “Oh, Clark. I’m so sorry.”

Clark was surprised that he felt hardly any pull towards her at all anymore. He didn’t want to still feel desire for Lucy, but he always had before. It felt strange, almost a kind of freedom, not to want her in that way. For the first time since she had arrived that past summer, Kal’s Lois actually felt like his sister-in-law.
Please post feedback here. Thank you.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 01/12/15 04:22 PM. Reason: Fix Broken Links

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
They will figure out a way I am sure. Interesting bit of tease coming. It sounds like he has his feelings for his Lois and Clark's Lois all figured out finally.

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Things are taking some interesting twists now that altLois is back among the living.

Not sure I'm too fond of her being so promiscuous though. She definitely doesn't have a history of keeping men at arm's length.

It seems that if altLois and altClark can prove Lex drugged her and kept her a virtual prisoner, that would be easy grounds for divorce.

Looking forward to more.

Tank (who thinks it will be fun when Lois meets 'Lucy' and even though she can't see, she'll be able to recognize her own voice)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Tank:
Not sure I'm too fond of her being so promiscuous though. She definitely doesn't have a history of keeping men at arm's length.

thinks it will be fun when Lois meets 'Lucy' and even though she can't see, she'll be able to recognize her own voice
Tank: How boring it would be if alt-Lois was exactly like canon Lois? No, she has to be different in some aspects. That's where the UST between her and alt-Clark will come from. laugh And UST there will be, because sleeping together ... edited for possible spoilage. Also, remember that "Lucy" speaks with a southern accent (as part of her Secret Identity). Would alt-Lois recognize her own voice if she heard it anyway?

Laura: Yes, Alt-Clark has found his Lois and is ... edited for possible spoilage by canon Lois.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Good for Perry. He's got it figured out:

“If he were seen dating a married woman, it would damage this image. Ruin his reputation. People would no longer trust him. It would crush him.”
Interesting setup you've got here.

Joan

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yes, Alt-Clark has found his Lois and is ... edited for possible spoilage by canon Lois.
clap And it depends on the day of the year, I guess. She *might* be a ghost.

“I don’t know for certain, Perry. Someplace safe, apparently, and cold.”
It's called his 'Fortress of Solitude' and some say it's located in the Arctic.

She never could disguise her feelings from her editor and friend. “Oh, Perry. Please, tell me he isn’t green.”
Huh.

“In the King’s name, Lois, please tell me you didn’t.”
clap

I hope that doesn’t mean that Lex didn’t get to Clark as well.”

Silence.
clap

“Lois, we’ll talk about your marriage to that monster another time. And I’m sure Clark’s fine. He can take care of himself. I want to explain to you something about Superman. Honey, he’s a bit naïve. He believes in truth and justice. I mean, he really believes in it. He’s not jaded like you and me.
Eeeeee...

He doesn’t believe in killing anyone, ever, for any reason.
/starts flipping through Superman-guidebook, steadfastedly ignoring black suit and cowl of the guy pictured on the cover/ Nope, it's says so right here: Creeps doing bad things to women will first be separated from their equipment and then used as target practice.

“OK. So he has a strong belief system,” she said, drying her cheeks with her sleeve. “I don’t understand what you’re trying to say, Perry.”

“Lois, I know you. You didn’t earn the nickname ‘Hurricane Lane’ by tusseling the hair on a few men’s heads.”
clap

She smiled. “That was a long time ago, Chief. I’m reformed, now.”
So, she's a reformed non-virgin who's just had lot's of non-virgin-interaction with Superman? Wait, how does that make her reformed?

Perry guffawed. “Right, an old married lady? That’s a load of bull hockey and you know it.”
Actually, she *is* three years older, she *is* older than the owner of the Daily Planet, and she *is* married.

Lois moaned. “But, Perry, he’s so amazing…”

“Stop! Stop, right there, Lois. Tell me nothing happened.”

She sighed. “Nothing happened,” she lied.
clap

“You only kissed him.”
Hmm... yes, I'm sure 'kissing' was involved, too...

Lois sighed, again, rolling her eyes even though she was blind. “I only kissed him.”

“That’s what I want to hear. Now, we’ve talked about this, Lois. You can’t jump into bed with every Mark, Dick, and Clark.”
clap

“Because you are my tough-as-nails reporter, Lois. You’ve been held prisoner for three plus years, subjected to who-knows-what and listen to you, worried about being thrown off the cheerleading squad, moaning about Cat teasing you, and whining about whether the quarterback will be taking you to the dance.”
That's because she's been on a three-year spa vacation with only minor inconveniences and just been thoroughly 'reformed' by a superpowered alien.

“Super strength, x-ray vision, heat vision, super cooling breath, super hearing, flying and speed.”
And, apparently, super-lovemaking-skills.

“He must be a decent guy or you wouldn’t be trying to protect him from the likes of me.”
Actually, he boinked his twin-brother's wive while she was sky-to-the-moon high and pregnant to boot. He dumped his other girlfriend after she got her face all scrambled by a bomb. And he kissed other women while engaged and *then* dumped said fiancee just because she didn't like ceiling-sleeping. Oh, and, he just boinked *another* married woman right there in the stalker-shrine he's set up for her. Yeah, he's a real charm.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
“If he were seen dating a married woman, it would damage this image. Ruin his reputation. People would no longer trust him. It would crush him.”
Also, Perry would certainly get a heart-attack if he ever realized that his golden-boy is just a womanizer with control-issues.

“Afraid so. Married is married in his book, Lois. And off limits.”
Poor Perry wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Joan: Perry's a poker player. He's got a great poker face and often keeps his cards close the vest until the end. laugh

Michael: I thought you might like that "edited for spoilage" section. wink But that's NOT what I meant.

And it depends on the day of the year, I guess. She *might* be a ghost.
Halloween's long past, it's around the 18/19th of December. And Scrooge's ghosts don't arrive until the 24th. wink

It's called his 'Fortress of Solitude' and some say it's located in the Arctic.
Yes, Smallville is alt-Superman's 'Fortress of Solitude'. But if you remember back a chapter or two, he told Mayson he didn't have a lair. Of course, the Smallville house might count as that as well. laugh

/starts flipping through Superman-guidebook, steadfastedly ignoring black suit and cowl of the guy pictured on the cover/ Nope, it's says so right here: Creeps doing bad things to women will first be separated from their equipment and then used as target practice.
But after the target practice they are still alive, right? See, no killing. laugh

So, she's a reformed non-virgin who's just had lot's of non-virgin-interaction with Superman? Wait, how does that make her reformed?
laugh Well, it's from the same dictionary as "chumpy"...

And, apparently, super-lovemaking-skills.
Those aren't commonly known, especially by Perry.

Actually, he boinked his twin-brother's wive while she was sky-to-the-moon high and pregnant to boot. He dumped his other girlfriend after she got her face all scrambled by a bomb. And he kissed other women while engaged and *then* dumped said fiancee just because she didn't like ceiling-sleeping. Oh, and, he just boinked *another* married woman right there in the stalker-shrine he's set up for her. Yeah, he's a real charm.
Please don't spell it out like that to alt-Clark. He has an ego-problem enough as it is. And BTW, Clark thinks that Lana dumped him.

Also, Perry would certainly get a heart-attack if he ever realized that his golden-boy is just a womanizer with control-issues.
Probably. Or they could be a match made in heaven.

Which is where the "let's take a walk in the sky" clause comes into play. I'm sure Lex would love to see the clouds first-hand.
This would be the Lex Luthor who has disappeared again?

He could have an accident? His private jet might crash? He could get swept off his balcony?
Clark doesn't think he has good luck like that. Oh, you mean, he could help those things to happen. Not likely.

Drat! She *had* to tell him. She was *so* close to becoming a widow!
Michael, I know you want alt-Clark to KILL Lex... but knowing Clark, if he killed Lex (or anyone else in anger) he would just turn himself over to Mayson to arrest him for homicide, now wouldn't he? We don't want THAT scenario to happen, now do we?

Hmm... so, how are they going to explain the baby? Either Lois lies and says she didn't cheat on him and the baby is his, or she tells the truth and has to reveal who the father is. And Lex being Lex would very likely put two-and-two together and demand a paternity test to prove who's it really is. Which would stumble Superman.
I'm sorry, what baby? Ooooh. You mean Alt-Lois's. She's pregnant? It hasn't even been 24 hours, Michael. I know Superman's fast, but I don't think the results would be positive after that short amount of time. (And since alt-Lois hasn't been intimate with her husband for 3+ years, I'm doubting he'll buy the 'it's his and she didn't cheat on him' routine... plus, would they really want Lex to have access to said Super-child?... which he would, if she gave birth while still married to Lex.)

Yeah. right.
Hhmmm. Me thinking you don't think alt-Clark has Super-willpower when it comes to pretty, brunette reporter woman. We'll have to wait and see. laugh

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I thought you might like that "edited for spoilage" section.
/looks innocently/ laugh

But after the target practice they are still alive, right?
wave Michael

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard