Let me just say that I'm very glad this chapter turned out well! I was hoping it would breed a lot of speculation, though now I have to work very hard to keep a step ahead! dizzy

Thank you very much, Mozartmaid! The conversations between Superman and Clark are some of the hardest parts to write!

Lynn, S1 Lois is very good at coming to logical, erroneous conclusions! laugh I'm glad you're enjoying the story.

Framework4, I don't think it ever works that way, does it? New Kryptonians, bad guys, and people like Scardino always come in at the worst moment, or so it seems to me! smile

Thanks, jackiek! I actually didn't expect anyone to guess this part, but you seem pretty accurate in some of your guesses about what will happen next! wink

Deadly Chakram, you're the only one who's guessed that it might not be the real Clark in the cell? And unfortunately, Lois 'backsteps' into Superman love pretty often. I'm glad it was believable that she would invite Clark to her apartment. And may I recommend some Paava leaves for your heart palpitations? cool

All good points, Laurach! I'm glad you're reading and enjoying the story!

I'm afraid the suspense lasts a bit longer, Queen of the Capes. peep

Interesting comments about Superman's dialogue, EvelynC. I hope you understand that I can't say much else. laugh

Thanks, Sira! Interesting theory.

Thank you very much, Annalina19. I hope you enjoy reading how Clark does get out of this mess.

Great theory, Lynn. I love hearing all the guesses people come up with!

Thanks for the great feedback, VirginiaR! Chapter 5 is coming in just a few moments, I promise.

I'm glad you're excited about the story, EmilyC. That's one of the coolest things about writing, I've found--to have others reading and enjoying!

I know what you mean, Vicki. Writing Lois like that can be painful even for the author! And I'm glad that line worked for you. It's hard to get the right balance between poignant and too melodramatic.

Thanks, everyone, for the great feedback! I hope you all understand why I can't say much more, but I also hope you know how much I appreciate hearing what you guys think!