"Superman!" I gasped.
A dream? Alt-Supes? Or maybe the real Supes and Alt-Clark is the one in the cell?

For a long moment, Clark simply looked down at the frames. Then, oddly, he looked toward me, and I would have given up a hundred front page stories just to be able to brush the shadows away like curtains and see what expression he wore. Finally, he let out a resigned breath, reached out to take the glasses, and slipped them on his face. When he didn't even say thank you, I couldn't help but wonder what had happened to my courteous, polite partner.
shock

My confusion didn't last long, though, not when Superman put his arm around me for the first time in over two months. I literally thought I might die from the excitement and happiness that overcame me.
Oh Lois. You were doing so well in loving Clark. This is not the time to backstep into Superman love. Tsk tsk.

"What do you want me to do?" he asked, his voice so defeated that it felt like a slap.
Bring him home with YOU Lois!

"Relax, Clark," I said dryly. "You're hurt; I'm hurt. You're exhausted; I'm exhausted. It won't kill you to sleep in a woman's apartment under these circumstances."
laugh laugh laugh laugh

My heart ached with pain for him. If Lex had been standing right in front of me at that moment, I really think I would have killed him for the scars he had given my partner.
*Almost hopes Lois gets her chance*

Wonderful chapter! But you're giving me heart palpatations! Plllllllllease give us more soon! I *really* need to see what happens! laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon