Missing Lois - TOC

This was the original scene that would have followed Clark entering Lois's bedroom.

Lois and Alt-Clark – The morning after ***Deleted Scene***

Something moved in her bedroom, waking Lois up. Suddenly, Clark kissed her cheek.

“Clark? What are you still doing here?” she asked stretching and sitting up. She rubbed her eyes and saw him standing at the end of her bed, wearing the blue suit. “Superman?”

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to wake you,” Clark whispered, sitting down next to her. “I just wanted to make sure you didn’t have any lingering aftereffects to that perfume last night.”

Lois’s eyes grew wide as the memories from the previous night flooded her mind. “Just a slight headache.”

“I’ve got to go. There was a train derailment in India. Can you cover for me at work?”

She nodded, again, with a wink. “I saw nothing. I know nothing. Ultra Woman, who?”

“Thanks.” As Clark leaned in to kiss her again, she closed her eyes. He stopped himself an inch from her lips and kissed her forehead instead.

Lois opened her eyes at that forehead kiss and gasped. “Maybe a little lingering aftereffects.”

“Probably best that I’m heading to the other side of the world.”

She nodded. “At least no one knows it was me.”

“No more flying. Sam read me the riot act.”

She smiled mischievously. “Technically, my third trimester doesn’t start until mid-November.”

Clark grinned, moving to end of her bed. “No flying, Lois. Please. We’ll discuss our behavior when I return.”

Lois crawled to the end of the bed and picked up her robe. “Or we could just go into full denial mode.”

“It never happened. That sounds good to me.” He smiled. “I’ve got to go.”

They both stared at each other for another moment, then he was gone. Lois took a deep breath and sighed. They had come so far in their friendship over the past four months, only to end up right where they had started. The sexual tension was back. Terrific. She closed her eyes and thought about dancing with him the previous night. He was such a good dancer. She would never be able to listen to Elvis again without thinking of Clark, this Clark. Ever.
I would like to thank Female Hawk, Corrina, for inspiring me to find my characters' inner passion. I believe the new scene is much more powerful.

Again, many thanks to my hard-working and grossly under-paid Beta Readers. Thank you for all that you do. thumbsup

Thanks to all my readers. Feedback welcome.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 12/05/14 02:37 PM. Reason: Fixed broken Links

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.