Missing Lois - TOC

A taste of Chapter 3, Part 8:
Lois took another look at herself in the mirror. She felt ridiculous. She had hated the costume back when it was necessary to be Metropolis’s superhero, but to wear it to a party? A deep lavender body suit with a pink belt and yellow stripes up the thigh. Lavender boots, mask, and cuffs and a turquoise cape. One could not be modest in this outfit. The belt hit her belly in just the right spot, hiding the extra baby bulge. Stepping into the hall, she sighed.

Clark had promised no one would know it was her. And that there would be dancing. She could be herself, not Lucy El, for one evening. No glasses, no pretense, no vegetarianism, just Superman and Ultra Woman out for a night on the town. Fun. What she did to put a smile on that man’s face. She walked into the living room, where Superman waited.

“Wow!”

Lois blushed. He actually said the word aloud, which felt pretty good when she sensed she looked more like one evolutionary step away from being a hippo. “It’s too tight, Clark. People are going to notice my belly.”
Many thanks for the patience of my Beta Readers who kindly did not abandon ship after my many re-writes of the next two parts. laugh Part 7 is more clear with their help. Thank you. clap

I will try to continue to post a part every other day.

Please post your comments below. Thank you.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 12/05/14 01:17 PM. Reason: Fixed broken Links

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.