Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Missing Lois - TOC

A taste of Chapter 3, Part 8:
Lois took another look at herself in the mirror. She felt ridiculous. She had hated the costume back when it was necessary to be Metropolis’s superhero, but to wear it to a party? A deep lavender body suit with a pink belt and yellow stripes up the thigh. Lavender boots, mask, and cuffs and a turquoise cape. One could not be modest in this outfit. The belt hit her belly in just the right spot, hiding the extra baby bulge. Stepping into the hall, she sighed.

Clark had promised no one would know it was her. And that there would be dancing. She could be herself, not Lucy El, for one evening. No glasses, no pretense, no vegetarianism, just Superman and Ultra Woman out for a night on the town. Fun. What she did to put a smile on that man’s face. She walked into the living room, where Superman waited.

“Wow!”

Lois blushed. He actually said the word aloud, which felt pretty good when she sensed she looked more like one evolutionary step away from being a hippo. “It’s too tight, Clark. People are going to notice my belly.”
Many thanks for the patience of my Beta Readers who kindly did not abandon ship after my many re-writes of the next two parts. laugh Part 7 is more clear with their help. Thank you. clap

I will try to continue to post a part every other day.

Please post your comments below. Thank you.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 12/05/14 01:17 PM. Reason: Fixed broken Links

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
No children for Alt-Clark? Poor guy. I'm still wondering about Clark in our dimension since Dr. Klein said he couldn't have children. It will be fun to see how you address that.

Aw - Sam was holding out on them. I suppose his reasoning made sense. I hope they look further into finding this version of Lois.

Joan

rkn Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Is anyone else dizzy? jump

thanks!

rkn
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Joan: Um... canon Lois is pregnant. wink

rkn: You think you're dizzy now? Perhaps you should take some dramamine before going on to part 8. evil

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
“No.” He smiled. “I’ll handle this one. I already have someone in mind.”
Lois?

“She’s out of this world.” He slipped the invitation into his pocket and smiled.
Lois. Or his cousin, Kara.

“These I’ll attend; these politely reject. Thank you, Cat.”
Can he do that? I mean, sure, for Ferengi there are more ways out than one could count, starting with that they're human and thus the contract's not binding anyway all the way up to, he made a contract with a female, which is illegal in and of itself. Although, I'd have to check up with the FCA guidebook about whether that puts him in trouble or the female's legal guardian. Okay, drifting off there...

“You’ll always be my first ‘no comment.’”
Awwwwww. And Lois is going to be *so* jealous.

“If I’m ever in the mood for an exclusive, you know you’ve got it,” he called after her.
Lois is going to kill him...

I think we’re down to Intergang…” Lois’s and Clark’s gazes locked. “It couldn’t be that, could it?”
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael: evil Perhaps I should have written "she's out of this universe"

Awwwwww. And Lois is going to be *so* jealous... Lois is going to kill him...
'Lois' is a researcher, not a reporter. Secondly, would he *ever* no comment Lois anyway? Maybe alt-Lois would on the other hand...

Wouldn't be the first Clark to drink finely ground Kryptonite when life stopped making sense.
Depressed, yes. Sucidal, no. He knows he has to be around to help canon Lois survive her curse.

So he was up for it?
Michael! They did THAT test before he left on vacation.

“Not below the neck, Clark,” she warned him.
/cocks eyebrow/
Heat vision might not be good for the baby.

Okay? How? Best guess would be he's only fertile when a Lois from the right space/time continuum is close by
Great guess. Interesting theory.

No Lois. No swimmers.
<<cough, cough>> used K to draw blood on same day <<cough, cough>>

“What I could really use is a night off from reality.”
Clark grinned; this time the light did reach his eyes. Something was definitely up with him. “That’s what I wanted to speak to you about.”

Huh.
<<cough, cough>> party invitation <<cough, cough>>

Chapter 3: Parts 8 and 9 are some of my favorite. laugh evil

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
'Lois' is a researcher, not a reporter.
You say 'researcher', I say 'reporter'. They both begin with 're' and end in 'er'. And with the prevalence of FRD in LnC fanfic, that's really not that much of a difference. Much less than between potato and tomato wink

Maybe alt-Lois would on the other hand...
You mean, alt-Lois would no-comment our-Lois?
"Did you boink my future husband" /angry squint/
"What?" /waves hands in ward-off gesture/ "No, no, got my own Superman over in my world. Plus, pregnant with my fiance's love-child. Don't need this Superman."

Yes, I do know that this doesn't sound good for our-Lois when put that way. wink

Heat vision might not be good for the baby.
Oh. Okay. And she couldn't really say, don't go further than my chest... Hey, I just figured out what it means when Superman gets to second base!

<<cough, cough>> used K to draw blood on same day <<cough, cough>>
Oops. On hindsight, all the clues are there. If you're going to clear that up further down the road, that's great. If not, you might want to slip something in for the archive. It's a pretty big piece of information on their future happiness.

<<cough, cough>> party invitation <<cough, cough>>
The curse of interrupted reading...

Parts 8 and 9 are some of my favorite.
Oh boy. And since I still got 3 FDKs to do tonight, *OH BOY!*

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
“He brought me a copy of the data to check, Sweetie. His swimmers were not moving.”
oh no! Lois didn't know about those tests and how wrong they were! I assume she hadn't dream about that.
Alt-Clark must be totally devastated....

“It started out as prosthetics for amputees. Honorable work, but then he wanted more and more. He wanted me to create some super solider. When I rejected him, he told me what a beautiful daughter I had… not ‘have.’ ‘Had.’ He used the past tense.”
[Linked Image] what? so, Lois's disappearance is related with Sam's rejection to make cyborgs???

Lois placed a hand over her growing bulge and looked out the window. “But you’re right. We cannot tell Clark, yet, about Lois. It would crush him. He’s had enough disappointment recently. We’ll have to concentrate our efforts on finding Lex. Once we find Lex, then we’ll tell Clark.”
ugh... I still don't like the idea, but having this fragile Clark, he might not take this news so well.

“What I could really use is a night off from reality.”
Clark grinned; this time the light did reach his eyes. Something was definitely up with him. “That’s what I wanted to speak to you about.”
what's in your mind Clark?????

Clark: "So what are you saying? I should go crawling back on my hands and knees?"
Martha: "No, honey. Fly back. It's faster!!"
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
chelo: More comments! hyper

oh no! Lois didn't know about those tests and how wrong they were! I assume she hadn't dream about that.
Alt-Clark must be totally devastated....
No, the tests in canon happen much later in S4.

what? so, Lois's disappearance is related with Sam's rejection to make cyborgs???
Perhaps.

ugh... I still don't like the idea, but having this fragile Clark, he might not take this news so well.
Yes, many people have difficulties with how much I have Lois lie and hide things in this story. She's just trying to protect him here.

what's in your mind Clark?????
evil

VirginiaR.
---

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard