Missing Lois - TOC

A taste of Chapter 3 - Part 5:
Clark sat upon the tallest building in Metropolis. The sun was beginning to set. Pink, orange, and blue danced across the sky. It was really beautiful. He sighed. But he could not enjoy it. He felt empty inside. Wrapping his cape around himself, he wondered where he should go. He didn’t want to go back to his apartment. There were too many fresh memories of Mayson there. He knew that Lucy would hold him and comfort him, after she berated him for not listening to her.

But Clark did not feel like being comforted, pitied. He deserved to feel rotten. It was because he hadn’t been fast enough that Mayson had ended up in the hospital. Because he had been blinded by remorse and self-centeredness that he ended up going after the wrong man. Because he lost control of his temper that Jaxon had been able to guilt trip him into his virtual reality game. And because he had ended up in the VR game that he wasn’t there when Mayson got out of surgery, therefore making her feel that he cared less for her than he did for vengeance. It was his fault that Mayson no longer wanted him around. Personally, he didn’t blame her.
I would like to thank my excellent Beta Readers, this story wouldn't be anywhere near as good without your help. Thank you.

Thank you to all my readers for your kind comments. I will try to post a new part every other day as RL allows.

Also, just a note, Iolanthe recommended that I include a Synopsis of my story, chapter by chapter, as it tends to be a bit complex at times. I have just posted the summary for Synopsis of Chapters 1 & 2 (combined) to the MB. At the end of each Chapter I will include a new Synopsis detailing the new plot points.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 12/05/14 01:04 PM. Reason: Fixed broken Links

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.