Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Missing Lois - TOC

A taste of Chapter 3 - Part 5:
Clark sat upon the tallest building in Metropolis. The sun was beginning to set. Pink, orange, and blue danced across the sky. It was really beautiful. He sighed. But he could not enjoy it. He felt empty inside. Wrapping his cape around himself, he wondered where he should go. He didn’t want to go back to his apartment. There were too many fresh memories of Mayson there. He knew that Lucy would hold him and comfort him, after she berated him for not listening to her.

But Clark did not feel like being comforted, pitied. He deserved to feel rotten. It was because he hadn’t been fast enough that Mayson had ended up in the hospital. Because he had been blinded by remorse and self-centeredness that he ended up going after the wrong man. Because he lost control of his temper that Jaxon had been able to guilt trip him into his virtual reality game. And because he had ended up in the VR game that he wasn’t there when Mayson got out of surgery, therefore making her feel that he cared less for her than he did for vengeance. It was his fault that Mayson no longer wanted him around. Personally, he didn’t blame her.
I would like to thank my excellent Beta Readers, this story wouldn't be anywhere near as good without your help. Thank you.

Thank you to all my readers for your kind comments. I will try to post a new part every other day as RL allows.

Also, just a note, Iolanthe recommended that I include a Synopsis of my story, chapter by chapter, as it tends to be a bit complex at times. I have just posted the summary for Synopsis of Chapters 1 & 2 (combined) to the MB. At the end of each Chapter I will include a new Synopsis detailing the new plot points.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 12/05/14 01:04 PM. Reason: Fixed broken Links

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
It just keeps getting worse for Alt-Clark. How sad that he blames himself for Mayson getting harmed.

I'm very curious about Lola the lounge singer. I have a feeling we'll be hearing more about her.

Joan

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Re the synopsis:

I forgot what the Neuroscanner was. Is that from canon?

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
The Neuroscanner is that awful device that Lex Luthor, Jr uses on canon Lois in "Voice from the Past". By scanning Lois's 'genetic fingerprint' the Neuroscanner allows him to see through her eyes, hear through her ears and give her migraines should she not do what he asks. I am not scientifically gifted and could not come up with such a device on my own nor name it. smile Definitely canon.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thanks. I think I only watched Season Four once, so a lot of the details are fuzzy.

Top Banana
Top Banana
Ok, I’ll do the majority of the talking. Gee, I hope that doesn’t put a crimp in our relationship, changing it so drastically like that.
What's new? laugh

“I’ll always be alone, Lois.”
frown Let's hope not!

“If anyone needed a superhero right about now it would be Clark…” She sighed. “…to save him from himself.”
Aw... He needs his alt-Lois, that's what he needs!!

Fun chapter--nice twist on the VR story! smile

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Six, two, four, eight, five. She wondered if it was a date: June 24th, 1985 or if he just made a cross pattern.
Huh. His birth-mother's date of death?

Clearly, this was the back room to Jaxon’s VR – Virtual Reality – computer.
Clark would never go in, would he? Not with what Lois had told him...

She got a bad feeling that Clark had agreed to something unwise.
OTOH, Lois would never do anything rash, would she? Not when she knew how it is likely to turn out (badly).

Was the room lead lined?
Umm...the lead shielding is only working against his x-ray vision, so what's going on? Is there Krytponite here?

As Lois straightened up, her lower back began to hurt.
Gets a little green around the gills. There *is* Kryptonite here!

Then the baby kindly kicked her. She had missed lunch and Baby was not happy.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Joan: Clark has a guilt complex? Nah! Lola? That name does ring some sort of bell... laugh

MozartMaid: Glad you liked the VR scene. Alt-universe has the same problems as canon universe only sometimes has a different outcome.

Michael: Thank you for your insightful comments.

Huh. His birth-mother's date of death?
Hmmm. That would be assuming that Jaxon's mom is dead. Maybe it's the date his father finally acknowledged his existance?

Clark would never go in, would he? Not with what Lois had told him...
Nah. Not a lunkhead like Clark, who is emotional beaten up, and not thinking clearly. Obviously not! wink

OTOH, Lois would never do anything rash, would she? Not when she knew how it is likely to turn out (badly).
Of course not.

Umm...the lead shielding is only working against his x-ray vision, so what's going on? Is there Krytponite here?
Does it? Hmmm. That would explain why in Ordinary People Clark loses his powers despite the K being kept in a lead box. I thought Clark couldn't hear through lead either. Maybe Jaxon's just talking softly.

Gets a little green around the gills. There *is* Kryptonite here!
Interesting theory.

Baby's not happy indeed. Lois had better turn tail, and *fast*.
Baby hasn't eatten since that morning.

Well, she could water the computers.
laugh I just couldn't picture Lois doing that unless she had NO choice. So, I supplied her a bathroom.

Also, might rescue stepmother from clutches of dark father.
Sweet, naive Clark hasn't put those puzzle pieces together yet.

Oh dear. Couldn't he have just dangled him off the peak of the Imperial Landmark Building. And slowly removed scraps of his body parts? I'm sure Jaxon would have talked sooner rather than later.
Isn't the second law of his credo: Superman shall not act like Batman.

Clark. Clark. Clark. First off: You never, ever, turn down free advice on women. Second: Lois does not react to 'no'. At all. That word has just never been wired correctly.
rotflol Clark's thinking, this isn't the time nor the place, Lois!

Father no be happy, soon.
Do not underestimate the father.

With Clark, one has to ask: 'Wonder why?' Is that rhetorical?
All alt-Clark knows of Lex is what canon Lois told him and his brief view in the past.

Lola? So, Has Lois got amnesia? And since she has not met Clark, she doesn't have the WD persona to fall back on. Or is she just going by Lola Dane consciously?
Good questions. And why when Jaxon called Lucy 'Lo...' he might not have been thinking "Lois".

Oh dear. She has amnesia!
Or she's undercover. DEEP undercover.

Best not tell Mayson that. She might take it the right way.
I don't think he needs to tell Mayson for her to know it.

Actually, 'for' him. But that's semantics right now.
Does she make life choices FOR canon Clark?

And Ultrawoman is not yet in town.
Who? wink

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thank you for your insightful comments.
blush

That would explain why in Ordinary People Clark loses his powers despite the K being kept in a lead box.
He does? Huh.

So, I supplied her a bathroom.
Very thoughtful razz Then she's on the wrong side of the sheets unvercover. Wouldn't have expected Lois to go this far?

Does she make life choices FOR canon Clark?
I'd have figured so. Ever since that BooBoo with the breakup...

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
“She does love you, Clark. Let me give you a free piece of advice about women.”
Oh, come on.. don't say that Lois!! he might feel compromised with Mayson.. what about alt-Lois?? well, anyway is not like Clark is going to marry Mayson just because his sense of duty, right? I mean, I know he´s such a gentleman and all but, when his Lois is envolved everithing else becomes secondary.

“Sometimes the best way to say ‘I love you’ is just to be there for her, especially if you have to wait a long time to see her… And she knows you had to wait. Especially if you would rather be out stepping on worms.”
That's so true... I think I might quote you in some conversations with my husband
[Linked Image]

He would have to be more careful. If he killed himself in the game, then Lois would be denied the chance to tell him she told him so. Smiling, he picked himself up and dusted himself off. He would hate to disappoint her.
[Linked Image] Clark, you are very considered

“Lola’s not my mom,” Jaxon said jumping to his feet.
[Linked Image] uups! I wish Lois could hear that!!!

“She’s just some lounge singer he found in a Berkistan hotel. Junior likes her because she’s hot. She’s not smart like Lucy.”
Ok, so that´s where she was found... amnesiac alt-Lois? bad, bad, bad.
So, is Junior obssessed with alt-Lois and Jaxon with Lois... what a mess!

He had forgotten about Mayson. He was a lousy boyfriend. One discussion about Lois and poof, there went Mayson from his brain
he can't help it... it's in his system

Clark! You’re going to pieces again. I can see it in your eyes.
watch out alt-Clark, even if you are not her Clark she can read you as a book

He pushed open the doors of her large living room window and set her down inside. “I’ll always be alone, Lois.”
[Linked Image] that was SO sad!!

“You will be such a good mother, Sweetie. You have such a capacity to love. One of the hardest lessons to learn as a parent is when you can help and when you need to stand back and let them fight their own battles.”
wise man....
that is, indeed, one of the hardest part of being a parent

Clark: "So what are you saying? I should go crawling back on my hands and knees?"
Martha: "No, honey. Fly back. It's faster!!"
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
chelo: You spoil me with all these comments. More please! [Linked Image]

Oh, come on.. don't say that Lois!! he might feel compromised with Mayson.. what about alt-Lois?? well, anyway is not like Clark is going to marry Mayson just because his sense of duty, right? I mean, I know he´s such a gentleman and all but, when his Lois is envolved everithing else becomes secondary.
Yeah, it's hard to watch Clark make all the mistakes she doesn't want him to make. But better with Mayson than mooning over her, right?

That's so true... I think I might quote you in some conversations with my husband
If you do that, could you not use my name. [Linked Image]

Clark, you are very considered
He is, isn't he? smile

uups! I wish Lois could hear that!!!
Yes, part of the fun of this part was not having Lois hear all of the hints dropped about Jaxon's step mama.

Ok, so that´s where she was found... amnesiac alt-Lois? bad, bad, bad.
So, is Junior obssessed with alt-Lois and Jaxon with Lois... what a mess!
Obsession, it runs in the Luthor blood.

he can't help it... it's in his system
And in the "El" blood as well.

watch out alt-Clark, even if you are not her Clark she can read you as a book
Yes, that's the problem with her essentially being married to his twin.

that was SO sad!!
Thank you. And, yes. My characters brought me to tears on several occasions. I don't do 'happy' quite as well.

wise man....
that is, indeed, one of the hardest part of being a parent
And one I'm still battling with.

Thanks for all the great comments. It's like reading my story again through fresh eyes.

VirginiaR.
---

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard