Missing Lois - TOC

A taste from the next installment:

Lois opened the paper. The photo on the front page of the Daily Planet was Clark bent over a grave, drenched in rain. He looked like he had lost his best friend. The headline read Lois Lane Funeral Held Today . She swallowed as her hands began to shake. Quickly, she scanned the article. Lois Lane and child died due to complications during childbirth. Clark Kent arrived back in town that day, just in time for the funeral. He knew nothing about Lois, her condition or the baby. The article was written by Perry White and she could tell he did not believe Clark’s protestations, “She never said a word.” Even the photo of despondent Clark was taken by Jimmy Olsen.

“No one in Metropolis believes his story. He not only loses you, but all his friends and his job. He returns to Kansas, Ms. Lane, a broken man. He takes over his father’s farm and never leaves Smallville, again. That is a photo of the death of Superman.”

Tears dripped down her cheek. “He would never forgive himself if something happened to me while he was gone.”

“No, he does not.”

“Is this true? What Perry writes about what happened to us? About what they did?”

Mr. Wells looked away, unable to look her in the eye. She swallowed. It was true. She felt ashamed for human race, to have done something so wrong… And to a baby… her baby… their baby… to her. Clark would never forgive the people of Earth for this.

“And did his father really…?” She looked at Mr. Wells. Not Jonathon as well.

“After he heard about what Bureau Thirty-Nine did to you, he had a heart attack, yes.”

Lois closed her eyes, her heart breaking, a tear dripped down her cheek. It was her fault. Her death would crush Clark Kent and kill Superman. But if she went back in time and stopped that night… she placed a hand on her stomach. She couldn’t do it. There had to be another way. She needed time to think. Lois pulled herself together and wiped her eyes.
I just wanted to reprint my Author's Note from the first section, in case anyone missed it...

Author’s note: This mostly romance storyline takes place concurrently with the entire fourth season, explains who the baby is, where it came from, what happens after the season 4 finale, as well as the alternate dimension's Clark's search and discovery his Lois.

Since my story is so long (10 parts, approx. 50K words each), I’d love any feedback regarding superfluous scenes, whether I should break it into smaller installments, and make sure it stays within or below the TV-13 rating.

As I mentioned above in my disclaimer, the story starts out with a scene lifted directly from Season Three; I find it flows better with the scene included, but if this violates LCMB rules, please let me know and I’ll remove it.

This is the first time I have posted a story to the message boards and I apologize for any errors made while posting these first few installments.

I have written (i.e. completed) 9 out of the 10 Chapters of the Missing Lois story and will try to post an installment every 2 to 3 days as interest allows (If that's not fast enough, let me know...)

Last edited by VirginiaR; 12/03/14 08:23 PM. Reason: Fixed broken Links

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.