There have been times on these boards when canon Clark and Clark as represented in fanfic have received a lot of criticism for not telling Lois his secret quickly.

It made for a great story (one we're still reading and writing about) - a love triangle with a compelling difference. However, Lois's snarky dismissal of Clark and simultaneous gushy crush on Superman made an early Clark-initiated revelation an impossibility.

You have explained his incredibly difficult situation perfectly.

For that alone, you deserve clap

In doing so, you delved into tiny moments that are familiar and made them new by showing us them through Clark's eyes.

It's not Superman.

It's Clark.

And I'm in love with you.
That just makes everything more complicated for Clark. And beautifully expressed.

Sometimes, I think I really am two different people trapped in one body. Either that, or I'm slowly going insane.
clap

Of course I read your work, I want to say. In fact, most of the time I help you write it. But it's different when it's Superman reading the words you put down on paper. And that, too, hurts.
Yep. sad

I hate Superman. I hate him because he's perfect. I hate him because he's everything I'm not. I hate him because you adore him. I don't want admiration, Lois. I want love. I don't want obedience. I want partnership. I don't want unquestioning acceptance. I want teasing fun and comfortable companionship.
Wonderfully well put.

Corrina.