Great part! The scene at the cafe was really fun. Lois not being able to remain quiet with Mayson was even better than the interaction during the interview, back in part 32.

"What a pity you had to leave early."

Mayson's facade of pleasantry dropped away. "I'm a reporter," she said tartly. "A good reporter never misses the opportunity for a story."

"I would have thought that a good reporter would need the ability to accurately predict the outcome of her actions," Lois noted.

"Those photos were worth more to me than attending a wedding of very little consequence."

"If they are worth so much to you, why didn't you publish them?"
Long quote, I know. But I couldn't leave anything out. Mayson tries to outsmart Lois but keeps hitting a brick wall.

"We decided to bide our time and determine the most effective way to use the photos."

Lois decided to go for the jugular. "That's going to be quite an achievement," she said. "Considering the guards confiscated your camera."

Mayson's mouth gaped. "How do you know they took my camera?" she asked.

Lois allowed only a modicum of her inner triumph to show. "Well, there's this thing called x-ray vision," she informed Mayson. "And Superman has it."
rotflol

I don't really laugh aloud all that often when I'm reading. Here I can assure you I did. Go Lois smile )))

"Incapacitated?" she drawled. "That's not the word that springs to my mind when I think about our wedding day."
This certainly tops her answer about the consumation of the relationship during the interview (and that was already an awesome bit).

So... Mayson is going to see her, isn't she? And she is going to recognize her?!?! Though, maybe... well maybe Lois will pick up some of the information the source has to give her. I sure hope it's the latter.

And just as a last thought... Will we see Lois at the Planet, as a reporter, in that Epilogue you're going to write? Because there's no way you're going to leave her and her investigative skills in Melbourne...

Cris