Good guesses.

Almost spot on with the first one. I had Lois driving Clark from Tullamarine and into the city via the Westgate Bridge. I justified the extra distance because the views over the Westgate are spectacular and (assuming no time restraints) that's how I'd take a visitor into the city. However, the Western Ring Road was opened in 1999, three years after my fic, so somehow they jumped from the Tulla Freeway to the Westgate Freeway! blush blush

2. West Coast did win the flag in '92 and '94. In '95, they lost 9 games, including a final against Essendon at Waverley. Lois wrote the story heading into the '96 season, so that final could have been foremost in her mind. Her statement about winning away from Subi was probably close enough.

3. The paper was a toss up and I deliberately didn't do any extra research - ie finding out who was the sports editor of the HS in 1996, because I didn't want that to colour my writing of Browny.

4. The SCG is about 10kms from the Opera House. Half an hour was probably pushing it - but in Melbourne getting out via public transport is a lot quicker than getting out by car.

However, my knowledge here is lacking on two fronts. I've never been to the SCG - when I went to a Sydney game, it was at ANZ Stadium - and because of Cheer Squad responsibilites, I haven't tried to make a quick getaway from a game for quite a few years.

The less obvious mistake was from 45 - the scene where Browny told Lois that he was sending her and Chris to do the Friday night final. For believability, I needed Lois to be doing one game on the weekend. Saturday was the Hawthorn game; Sunday, I wanted her to have some time for the honeymoon - so that only left Friday night. I thought I'd checked the detail and posted the part ... and then realised that the Friday night game that weekend was in Brisbane!! blush blush

Thanks for your ideas, Dawn. If anything else occurs to you, please let me know!

Corrina.