Corrina, 3 queries in my mind about Part 1, & 2 are hardly massive: 1. It's a very long way round to go over the Westgate to get from Tulla to the city, even if Citylink wasn't open in '96.
2. Didn't West Coast win the Flag in '92 & '94? Unless your knowledge of footy history, which is way beyond mine, tells you they'd been choking badly in '95 & early '96, & developed a pattern of only winning at Subi. 3rd, & it is a bit bigger, in fact in terms of your setting it could be described as massive: it was my first thought when you mentioned that Clark's exchange was to the HERALD SUN! But my husband assures me that for in depth detailed Sports Journalism, HS has the edge, despite it's lowest common denominator approach to general news.

And all I can think of for part 46 is, it's not possible to get from any significant point A to point B in Sydney in 1/2 hr without a helicopter! No idea where the SCG is in relation to the Opera House, (fortunately I've never lived in Sydney) but my guess is a 1/2hr wouldn't get you out of the Sydney Cricket Ground with those crowds, & hubby who has lived in Sydney, also agrees.

So you can't leave it there, did I come close?

Dawn