DW Clark's plan is to be there for the Operation Payback rally and the last game before the finals. If Hawthorn don't make the finals, that could be their last game - depending on the merger vote.

Wedding - I'm writing 44 now and I'm hoping to be able to cover everything needed before we get to the wedding. If I can, then yes, the wedding will be in 45.

Thanks.

Ann I think an area that canon never really explored was a close female friend for Lois. I can understand why they didn't, but I think it leaves a great opportunity for fanfic writers to go there.

Thanks for your FDK.

Cristina Enjoy the holidays!

the more I'm looking forward to see how you work Clark and Lois's situation out.
I know how it's going to work out, but I'm not sure how I'm going to write it. I could finish the story and then write an epilogue so you know *what* happened (and leave it open for a sequel to detail *how* it happened) or I could keep going and put the 'how' in Aussie Rules.

I'm leaning towards the first option - mostly because this fic is already huge.

Just out of curiosity: any clue as to how many more parts there'll be?
I should be banned from making estimates of story sizes because I'm hopelessly bad at it. I have a buffer of five parts; I can't see it finishing in any less than another five. So, perhaps 52 thud

Michael

Does this mean that if they won't stave off the merger that this was the last game. Ever. ?
There are 22 rounds before the finals. Each week the ladder is updated, but it's the ladder at the end of Round 22 that determines which teams play in the finals. Hawthorn have just played Round 20, so are guaranteed two more games.

No way, I called it!
Perhaps that's a sign that you've read too many of my fics, Michael!!! Actually, some of your speculation comes very close to where we are going (and some of it is way off!!)

(Please keep reading though, I love your FDK!)

You're lucky that I ran out of graemlins.
When I read this, it was very close to a splutter-coffee-on-the-keyboard moment!

Framework Thanks for your FDK.

The wedding *will* be interrupted, but hopefully the outcome of the interruption will be a surprise.

Thanks for letting me know you're still reading, Laura.

Bob Mayson using the K will set off a series of events that ... well, I don't actually want to finish that sentence. Sorry blush

Thanks, Bob.

SJH Dan was lured into Mayson's web to contrast a *normal* man with Clark. Mayson is smart, pretty, intelligent and successful - many men would be interested. Clark wasn't - because he's Clark!

And as Cristina said, Dan is Lois's friend - he fell for Lois (can't blame him for that) and perhaps on the rebound, allowed himself to be taken in by Mayson.

Thanks.

Evelyn Thanks for your comments. Both of them will be addressed later in the fic.

Thanks,

Corrina.