Interesting story idea; I'd like to see it expanded, though. Since the details of the date aren't as important as the fact of it, I might not bother writing that up, but I'd integrate it more with the dialog. Sort of like:

"Lois, why are you upset with me?" Actually, Clark thought he knew -- she'd set him up on a date with her out-of-town friend, so now - naturally - she was upset that he'd gone along with her plan. He just wanted to hear her admit it.
Also, it'd be good to explore some of what Lois is thinking. She hadn't thought she'd be upset, or she wouldn't have suggested it. But now she is, and why might that be? Maybe she's not deliberately ignoring Clark, the way it seems. Maybe she's just deep in thought, trying to understand her own reactions, and not really hearing him at all.

That kind of thing. The mechanics (spelling, verb tenses, punctuation) will need to be cleaned up, but that's where beta readers and general editors are so valuable. smile

You've got good ideas, and that's the important part. That's talent. Everything else is skills that can be learned and developed.

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K