Oooh! I like!
While posing as a dockworker, Clark had heard about a meeting that was set to happen in Gotham
I hope he wasn't wearing the world's fakest beard. Since you don't mention it, I'm free to imagine him in a tight shirt that's suitably grimy. drool Mmm - that's an even better mental image than the stevedore disguise. You also get points for giving Lois a less-hideous blue dress than the one she wore to Lex's party. That monstrosity belonged back in a mid-1980's prom.
Clark let her go gently. "I'm sorry," he said. "There was no other way out that I could see."

"You're-- You--?" Lois choked out, taking a step back. "I-- But-- And-- How--?" she stuttered, confused.

"I'm sorry you had to find out this way," Clark told her gently. "But the important thing is that you're safe and we have the information we came for."

"The information!" she gasped. "My evening bag! The tape recorder! They're still in the club!"
Ha! One of the funniest revelations ever!

It's much too long to quote the whole part where she trusts him back, but that was very well done and very sweet. And that brings us to the banter that has me squirming with envy:
"Hey wait," she called, pushing the door open again. "Isn't this the part where you hand me your phone number on a little folded note with 'call me' written on it in nice, big, hopeful print?"

Clark walked back toward her. "What? And deprive you of an opportunity to find it yourself?" he asked, raising an amused eyebrow. "I would never do that." Then, leaning in closer, he whispered to her ear, "Or, you know, you can just scream. Help Superman... it works for most people."
I love the spiffy new ending - well done!

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis