Wonderful setup, Lynn - keen to see where we go from here. goofy

This was stuff that the MPAA deemed inappropriate for kids under seventeen, so why should she have to watch it?
goofy Oh, Lois...if only you knew what fate has in store for you on this one. laugh I loved this introspection, Lynn, with it's little 'in-joke' for the reader in knowing just how Lois is going to change her mind on these opinions. Or, at least, have it changed for her. wink Plus, of course, it never does any harm to watch Lois refuse to smooch with Scardino. <g>

“Can’t it wait until Monday?” Dan asked, like a child hoping that his parent would relent and give in on the extra hour before bedtime.
<g> No, Lois! Don't relent!

“Scardino,” Clark replied. Still at her back, Lois couldn’t see his face, but his voice held derision. As if a male lion entered the domain of a rival, the air filled with a sudden electric menace.
Oooooooooh. Go, Clark!

When she turned around to explain, Lois stepped back when she nearly crashed into Clark’s broad chest. She hadn’t realized he was so close. He reached a hand out to steady her, then quickly removed it when he was assured she wouldn’t land on the floor in an undignified puddle. The heat from his hand where he’d grasped her arm lingered, as if she’d been burned through the fabric of her black cashmere sweater. She resisted the urge to place her own hand over the spot as if she could trap that warmth and keep it from fading.
I can feel the heat from here! /me fans herself.

Was a bit surprised to see Dan invite Clark on the weekend, especially when the rivalry and tension between them had already been noted earlier in the segment...but then I became really intrigued by what that did to the plot <g>. I'm already anticipating lots of fun with Dan and Lois and Mayson And Clark <g>, so bring it on!

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers