Carol - Thanks for your comments. I'm glad that Trask took you (and others) by surprise. [insert diabolical laugh and hand rubbing here].
why not towards the desk to close the box with the K in it?
It sort of goes along with my reasoning for having Clark burst through the door instead of Superman. Clark Kent is just a normal guy, so if he gets the crap beat out of him by Lex, no one will think twice about it. But if Superman gets the crap beat out of him, everyone will know something is seriously wrong.

Same with not having Lois go for the Kryptonite. What if she had closed the lid (after Clark was in the room)? It's not like she could call for Superman, could she? I hope that makes sense (it did in my head, anyway).

Sue Yes, irritating the snot out of Luthor was the main goal here and I think Lois did a superb job of it. It's been too long since Lex had someone defy him - I think it's made him lazy wink
I'm always a huge sucker for Lois in danger and Clark saving her regardless of the risk to himself, so I thank you for feeding my mania so deliciously
You're welcome. Would it be sucking up too much if I say I wrote it just for you? drool

Hi Michael. Heh, I warned you. As for what's going to happen with Trask? ...
evil

Terry You slipped in there while while I was answering. I love your musings. They are so very interesting and fun to read. I'm taking notes, BTW.
What else can I do to them? I know! Bring in the certifiably insane xenophobe and his troops! That'll just rock!"
What? Too much?

But they're not invulnerable, and they have to believe that they are in order to present the facade of civilization to all who see them.
I think Lex hit it on the head himself - his downfall was his pride. He thought he knew Lois and yet, he still underestimated her. He also thinks he knows Superman, but although they used Clark's abilities during the investigation, it was really Clark's skill as an investigator that hurt Lex.

In fact, we're one insult away from a complete meltdown from almost anybody except Lois and Clark. The suspense is ripping me up, y'all
/me cackles evilly.