melray1228: Thanks. I’m glad you enjoyed it.

Laura: Thank you. I certainly will finish it. I just hope to get it done before the end of the year.

Artemis: Thanks for the extra feedback. All of the feedback so far is so nice that sometimes I just wonder. (Okay, maybe I’m paranoid.) I guess I was more sensitive for this story because while I was developing this part it felt more “forced” that other work that I have posted. I have high hopes for part 3.

Elisabeth: Pardon my confusion but I want to be sure of what you mean. Did you mean that you liked the opening because it reviewed the previous part or were you saying that you would have preferred that there be a mini-recap section at the beginning, separate from this story? I hope that you mean the first, but if you would prefer a separate recap section, I want to make sure I understand.

As for the opening, I actually had two purposes for opening the way I did. One was to help the reader remember the preceding events but the other, and to be honest, my primary reason for doing it this way, was to present Lois’s perspective on the evening before. “Door Slams” was purely from Clark’s POV and it seemed to me that it would be nice to revisit the evening from the other side. And besides, after an evening as momentous as that had been, I believe that it would be the first thing on Lois's mind when she woke up in the morning.

Again, thank you all. The wee-bit of angst that got into this story was fun. I hope to achieve something in part 3 that makes the journey special, or at least worthwhile. (Yes, paranoid. smile )

Bob