I don't think Clark will take Lois up on her offer. It is not for real, even though Lois may think so. But she doesn't want to make love to Clark, not really. She doesn't want to do it for her own sake. She wants to do it because she feels guilty, and odd and strange, and she feels that everyone else will be happy when she finally gives in and has sex with her husband like any normal married woman.

In other words: Lois wants to do this because she knows that others think she should. In a way it is like smoking a cigarette or letting someone buy you a lot of drinks, even though you don't necessarily want to do this yourself; but someone else wants you to do it. And you don't want others to think you are weird. So you do what others want you to.

Well, I don't think Clark wants to have sex with Lois on those terms. I think he wants her to have sex with him, to make love to him, because she wants to do it. Because she loves him, and because her heart and her body wants her - needs her - to express her love for him that way.

Aunt Louise told Clark that Lois would wear Aunt Louise's nightie for him some day. And when she did, then she was ready. But not until then.

I didn't see Lois wearing Aunt Louise's nightie in this chapter. I think Clark knows what that means.

Ann