Ann - go with the whole traditional wedding thing
I understand what you mean, Carol, but traditions differ. In Sweden, and, I think, in most of northern Europe, it has been traditional for the bride and the groom to walk down the aisle together. I like that tradition. It puts the bride and the groom on an equal footing and underscores that their marriage is something they undertake together, on equal terms.

Here is a picture of a young couple, walking down the aisle together. I think that the picture is from Great Britain:

[Linked Image]

There is of course another tradition, where the father of the bride walks his daughter to the altar...

[Linked Image]

...and hands her over to the groom.

[Linked Image]

All I can say is that I like the other tradition better, although I certainly understand that Jimmy and Lucy would like to get married according to the tradition which is most popular in their own country and culture.

I very much liked how Lois and Clark talked about how far they had come in a year, on the "anniversary" of the horrible near-rape of Lois. I agree that the attack on her really brought Lois and Clark much closer, and it provided them with the financial means to start a new life for themselves. I really liked that both Clark and Lois talked about how they had felt about their marriage and each other a year ago. It's so good to see how their honesty and trust gives their marriage an ever more solid foundation.

The whole "Clark-asking-Lois-for-a-date" was funny and touching. They were both nervous, and they were play-acting, as if they were putting on a performance for each other. But they hadn't rehearsed the performance first, and they had to come up with the script as they went along.

Lucy and Jimmy's marriage was sweet, but since I'm such a diehard Lois and Clark addict, and take an interest in the other characters only as much as they have an impact on Lois and Clark's lives, I'm going to let others comment on that.

I loved how you built the nervous tension as Lois prepared for her date with Clark! clap

Looking forward to seeing how Lois and Clark's date turns out!

Ann