I enjoyed the wedding of Jimmy and Lucy. They have patiently wooed each other for so long; it's nice to see the culmination of that.

As for the wedding ceremony, while it may be tradition for the bride and groom to walk together elsewhere I love the way we do it here. Everyone gets to see the first moment where the groom sees his bride. It's a lovely moment that is memorable in many ways. Also it is fitting that the parents are involved in the wedding ceremony. Lucy and Jimmy were unable to have a traditional unity candle, but it is a strong picture in the wedding demonstrating the legacy of faithfulness passed along from generation to generation. Faithfulness is beautiful. Also James and I have made a promise to our girls: we will give you everything you need while you are in our home and teach you everything you need for after you are in our home. That moment in the wedding is a commissioning of sorts, as we give them over to their adult lives. Husbands and wives are to leave their parents and cleave to each other. If you don't mind the pun, cleavage is beautiful as well.

Elisabeth