I, too, was moved by the description of how loving Lois is. I'm proud of Clark, who frequently feels unloved (even though he knows his feelings lie), for pointing out exactly how loving Lois is. He understands what Lois sacrificed to be with him, even though he also knows that it shouldn't have been a sacrifice.

I was glad that Perry talked about the differences between rape and marital sex. I just wish he had pointed out that the difference is because rape isn't really sex; it's violence. I know that we call it sex, but the differences between sex and rape are so vast that at some point we need to use different language.

Finally, I wanted to assure you that this section didn't feel repetitive. While it did include a recap of much of the story, it did it in a different voice. Also, much of what was discussed happened so many pages ago that it didn't hurt to have a reminder of what that felt like.

Regrets seem to be an interesting theme running through this segment. Clark almost has regrets that he didn't let things get out of hand on their wedding night. He doestn't quite have regrets that he didn't start dating her right after graduation. Regrets, near regrets, not quite regrets--all interesting stuff.

Elisabeth